Hello

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

realgwyneth

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but I've had tanks since I was a kid. Currently DH and I have a 65gallon breeder with mostly tetras and plants, which has been running for years. I really like kribensis (kribenses?). My tank is not optimal at the moment, so I'm heading off to an appropriate forum.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

Please ask if you have any questions on your tank.

Welcome :hi: Kribensis is a pretty fish :wub: do you've tank pics of your big 65G? I'm a fan of pics :wub::rofl:

Thanks for all the welcomes. The tank is recovering from an unexplained total die-off after running for years with no issues. We now have 8 redeyes and about 12 ghost shrimp to maintain the good bacteria; all seem to be thriving, but sometimes it's hard to find the ghost shrimp. Water conditions are holding at 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, ~30 nitrates, 7ish pH. My local tap water is pretty hard (184 ppm and >9 pH), but that big log keeps the tank water on the softer side. I actually had to put some limestone in to pull the pH
IMG_1565.jpg
up, LOL.

We're trying to decide what else to restock with besides another female kribensis. Suggestions welcomed.

GW

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back