Hello

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tonz0509

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum , I was wandering If anyone can help me please , I currently have an issue with one of my sailfin molly (female) it seems to be beloted and not like the normal pregnant look , eating fine and swimming around fine too I've attached some photos if anyone can help that much appreciate

Regards

Tony

Attachments

• 20190713_131858.jpg
    20190713_131858.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 20190713_131519.jpg
    20190713_131519.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 20190713_131648.jpg
    20190713_131648.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 162
Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

How much do you feed her?

When do you feed her?

What size of tank does she live in?

What other tank mates does she have?

What are your water parameters, ph, and GH?

If you answer these questions, I will be able to help you even more.

(Please consider voting for the July TOTM contest, by clicking the banner at the top of your screen, Thanks!) :thanks:

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The fish has dropsy, which is characterised by the scales sticking out from her body. Dropsy is usually caused by an internal bacterial infection and the fish normally dies within 24 hours of showing these symptoms.

If the fish is still eating you can try treating her with an anti-biotic. If she isn't eating then put her out of her misery.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

How much do you feed her?

When do you feed her?

What size of tank does she live in?

What other tank mates does she have?

What are your water parameters, ph, and GH?

If you answer these questions, I will be able to help you even more.

(Please consider voting for the July TOTM contest, by clicking the banner at the top of your screen, Thanks!) :thanks:

She gets fed the same as the other fish so once a day so definitely not over fed as all the other fish are looking just fine, I have 5 sailfun mollies and 2 dwarf gouramis, it's a 125 litre tank and Ph is at 8.0 and GH is at 8d

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The fish has dropsy, which is characterised by the scales sticking out from her body. Dropsy is usually caused by an internal bacterial infection and the fish normally dies within 24 hours of showing these symptoms.

If the fish is still eating you can try treating her with an anti-biotic. If she isn't eating then put her out of her misery.

Thanks for the reply this is what my sister reckoned it was but I thought I would post to ask about and see if anyone was sure

Hu, that’s weird, and your sure she’s not pregnant? :)

So she has been like this (bloated) for 6 months!? o_O

So she has been like this (bloated) for 6 months!? o_O

Oh no sorry I meant got her 6 months ago she's gradually been putting weight on but I just thought she was pregnant again but she just seemed a bit bigger than usual this time

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back