Hello

cheerycherry

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a mature 3ft tank with 2 gourami,2 platy and the other day I purchased 2 black mollies (both female).The shop is in the process of moving so they didnt have many fish in but those they did have were not in great condition :angry: didnt seem like they cared about the state of the tanks or the wellbeing of the fish.
I only saw the first molly which I though was all on its own hidden behind a plastic plant looking so scared.So upon the assistant netting him another flew out too Well I felt bad for leaving it on its own and I have the room in my tank so got both.

The jet black one was hiding behind my filter for 3 days,Now shes started comming out and as soon as she does the speckled black molly starts nipping her making her go back into hiding.Ive watched alot today and this poor fish is constantly being nipped.I now think this is why it ws hiding in the fish shop :unsure:

Im not sure what to do? I really want the hiding fish to feel safer and come out a bit more but with this other one picking on it I just think the poor thing will keep hiding.I have plenty of ornaments and lots of live plants so there is plenty of space and hiding places but not sure what I can do?????
 
I would suggest you get at least a male and another female..... this would devide the attentions and the shy fishy would get some breathing space.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top