What's new

Hello, i am back.

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Obsessed with fish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello fellow fish keepers! You may or may not rerember me from last year, but if you do you also might rerember my 'fish tank journal'. Just some updates on the tank. We will start with good news, all 7 cory catfish are still alive and thriving since last year, same with all my plants and half of my neon tetras. Now the bad news is you where all right. My tank was not cycled and my ammonia and nitrite started to spike, I lost about 60% of my fish and I should've listened to all of you. Also my 4 year old betta sadly passed away for old age.

Now on another good note, I have decided to get 2 saimese algae eaters and 2 apple snails today to hopefully help clean up my tank! I'll post updates and photos sometime this week!

Welcome back. You learned about the importance of cycling a tank properly the hard way. But knowledge is power and you probably won't repeat past mistakes.
Enjoy the forums!

Hello fellow fish keepers! You may or may not rerember me from last year, but if you do you also might rerember my 'fish tank journal'. Just some updates on the tank. We will start with good news, all 7 cory catfish are still alive and thriving since last year, same with all my plants and half of my neon tetras. Now the bad news is you where all right. My tank was not cycled and my ammonia and nitrite started to spike, I lost about 60% of my fish and I should've listened to all of you. Also my 4 year old betta sadly passed away for old age.

Now on another good note, I have decided to get 2 saimese algae eaters and 2 apple snails today to hopefully help clean up my tank! I'll post updates and photos sometime this week!
Welcome back.
We are right most of the time. 😄
How big is your tank?

Welcome back! I wasn't here when you were but still.... 😆

I hate to tell you but Siamese algae eaters need a tank at least 150 cm/5 feet long and a group of at least 6. Can you take them back?

I another thread you said you got them to help get rid of algae. This is a good example of why we should never get fish to solve a problem. A better choice would have been nerite snails as they don't breed in fresh water (OK, they lay eggs but they don't hatch)

I love your profile pic! So cute lol!

The best way to get rid of algae is to cut your light schedule, don't overfeed, and keep your water parameters clean by doing sufficient water changes and not overstocking. I would rehome the Siamese algae eaters. They get to be half a foot and need way more room. They also like to stay in groups, so a minimum of 6-8 is best. If anything, they will overwhelm the tank and make the algae worse.

I hate to tell you but Siamese algae eaters need a tank at least 150 cm/5 feet long and a group of at least 6. Can you take them back?

I another thread you said you got them to help get rid of algae. This is a good example of why we should never get fish to solve a problem. A better choice would have been nerite snails as they don't breed in fresh water (OK, they lay eggs but they don't hatch)
I'm returning them tommorow, I'll get another fish instead.

I did buy 2 apple snails yesterday and they cleaned up the glass pretty well, will the nerites work with the apples?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back