Hello from jaylach. :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi, feel free to just refer to me as Jay if you wish. :)

Obviously, since I'm here, I like fish but have not had a tank for around 25 years. I now have a 20 gallon cube. Other interests are baseball, U.S. football and computers. I have three awards from Microsoft on my wall and run a computer help forum. I also have other web sites being a photo gallery and an animated GIF gallery.

I also have a cockatiel that is a demon bird but I like him. ;) He is actually quite intrigued by the new tank.
bird+fish.JPG

Welcome to TFF.
You should enter that tank in our July Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons.
And enter your pet in our July Pet of the Month contest. Please vote in the present Pet of the Month contest.

Welcome to TFF.
You should enter that tank in our July Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons.
And enter your pet in our July Pet of the Month contest. Please vote in the present Pet of the Month contest.
I'll take that as a compliment even if the tank is full of bacteria bloom right now. :) Of course by July the bloom better be gone or I'm in BIG trouble. ;)

Personally I'd probably have a better chance with the bird. He IS pretty. :) LOL! Actually the following image is 'attack mode'. There is a robin on the lawn below. Don't know why but this demon bird does NOT like robins! ;)

BTW, I'm linking these photos from my photo gallery via the IMG BBCODE. Is it proper that I'm doing so or am I out of line? Since I don't use any of the image sites that are approved for an attachment or image insertion I don't see where I really have a choice. :dunno: Wait, I may be wrong on that. Let me try a drag/drop of an image... OK, The following image was a drag/drop to the image insertion option. That works for me. :) Sorry but I'm not used to this forum software as I use phpBB and I can't resist experimenting. ;)

mad bird.JPG

You can use our “attach file” tool in he reply area. Just attach pic file from your phone camera roll . We prefer using that tool for our contest entries.

You can use our “attach file” tool in he reply area. Just attach pic file from your phone camera roll . We prefer using that tool for our contest entries.
That is an issue as I really am old school at 67 years old and hate cell phones. I don't even carry one; I use a land line through my cable company. I figure that, if I'm out and about, I probably don't want to be bothered; leave a message. Also my land line is a LOT cheaper.

I figure that, if I'm out and about, I probably don't want to be bothered; leave a message
No cell phone you say? Don't want to be reached at any time, anywhere you are? What heresy is this!?

Just kidding, actually love the idea and I often purposely leave my cell behind, or put it on mute or do not disturb for those same reasons.

Hi Jay and welcome to the forum :)

If you get your bird a friend, he will be less destructive.

The bird isn't destructive, he is just cage bound and not friendly when in his domain. Once out of the cage he is fine. He is a 'rescue bird' that was ignored in his previous home.

Hi & welcome to TFF, Jay... :hi:
I love cockatiels. I had two in the past, Sarah and Winston. They were inseparable. When Winston died, the first two months Sarah was so quite and didn't want to come out of the cage. You just felt how she missed him. So, it took a little while before she was the old Sarah again.

Welcome to TFF, Jay

A wee bit more active than that "other" place, no? ;)

Hi & welcome to TFF, Jay... :hi:
I love cockatiels. I had two in the past, Sarah and Winston. They were inseparable. When Winston died, the first two months Sarah was so quite and didn't want to come out of the cage. You just felt how she missed him. So, it took a little while before she was the old Sarah again.
I hear that and it is another problem with my bird as he lost a bonded mate due to egg binding. They need calcium and the poor thing didn't even know what a cuttlefish bone was. Took a couple of weeks before he even started to take a nibble. Now he chows down on the things. While I can't prove I believe his mate died due to a lack of calcium to support the proper formation of the eggs and the eggs broke inside her.

Welcome to TFF, Jay

A wee bit more active than that "other" place, no? ;)
Ya, actually a mod on that site recommended that I come here as that site had gone dead.... or was that you? I've been up all night working on my tank and my mind is a bit more out there than normal ;)

Ya, actually a mod on that site recommended that I come here as that site had gone dead.... or was that you? I've been up all night working on my tank and my mind is a bit more out there than normal ;)
That Mod gave you very good advice!...though I am a bit ticked he uses the same username and avatar as me ;)

Thanks. :) The only issue I have with the bird is that I leave his cage open all day which, for obvious reasons, means that I can't run my ceiling fan during the day.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back