Hello From Hamilton, On, Canada!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jay0173

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I send greetings from Hamilton, ON in Canada!

I am returning to the hobby after a long hiatus and so far am enjoying the experience. I have no aquariums established as of yet, but I am working diligently to starting up a 55 gallon aquarium in which I plan to stock both domestic and wild livebearers.

I am an avid sci-fi fan, love Star Trek and Doctor Who and have even written and published my first sci-fi novel, and working on my second book.

Besides my fascination with all things tropical fish, I am also an n scale model railroader, modeling several Canadian lines on an 8' x 2.5' layout.

It is my hope that I will make new friends and learn new things from the people on this forum. I look forward to talking to you all in the near future.

welcome to the forums what livebearers in general guppies? 

I have my eye on a few platies and swordtails (mostly wild strains but some domestic). I'd tend to stay away from the show guppies and look at getting the wild strains.

Welcome to the forum!!!! Livebreeders are always fun to have.You should put pictures when you set up the tank.

Jay0173 said:
I have my eye on a few platies and swordtails (mostly wild strains but some domestic). I'd tend to stay away from the show guppies and look at getting the wild strains.
cool but endlers are wild considered them 

welcomeani.gif
to the forum.

I hope you post lots of pics once your tank is set up
smile.png
photo.gif

Make sure to read the cycling link in my signature, it was recently wrote and you will find it useful
book.gif

ncguppy830 said:
cool but endlers are wild considered them 

Thanks, I always leave my options open.

Blondielovesfish said:
welcomeani.gif
to the forum.

I hope you post lots of pics once your tank is set up
smile.png
photo.gif

Make sure to read the cycling link in my signature, it was recently wrote and you will find it useful
book.gif

Thanks, one thing I love is pictures, so you can be assured that you'll be seeing lots of pictures from me and some video as well. I've already begun a thread documenting my aquarium setup "55 Gallon Livebearer Aquarium" in the Freshwater Journals.

Thanks for the link on cycling the tank. Very helpful.

Dreamer03 said:
Welcome to the forum!!!! Livebreeders are always fun to have.You should put pictures when you set up the tank.

Thanks for the welcome. You're right, Livebearers are fun to have and I've found one species of fish that actually will interact with you. You can be assured that I'll be posting lots of pictures and even some video as well.

toshapetriji said:
Welcome from the UK

Thank you. Haven't been to the UK, though I have flown over it on my way to Norway. Also visited Denmark, Sweden and Germany

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back