Hello from Alaska

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I put him in the tank and he is so much happier, his fins stay open and his colors got a lot brighter too. Both of those things didn't happen in the bowl After I figure out how to post pics I will lol

Just do big water changes on the tank too, and it will help keep the ammonia levels low while the tank cycles.

--------------------------
To post pictures, click the button called "Upload a File". It is located under the box where you type stuff. That will allow you to choose the pictures form your computer and upload them onto this website.

If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

Just do big water changes on the tank too, and it will help keep the ammonia levels low while the tank cycles.

--------------------------
To post pictures, click the button called "Upload a File". It is located under the box where you type stuff. That will allow you to choose the pictures form your computer and upload them onto this website.

If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.
Ok, thanks:)

I just got a bottle of Prime. Dumb question but what's the difference between a water change and using prime? They both lessen ammonia.
Wouldn't the prime help with not having to do a water change everyday? So how do I know when to add prime and when to change the water?

A water change removes ammonia and other unwanted things from the aquarium.

Adding a dechlorinator that binds with ammonia, only makes the ammonia safe for about 24 hours. After that time the ammonia becomes toxic again. Adding more dechlorinator simply adds more unwanted chemicals to the aquarium, which can harm the fish.

Daily water changes remove the ammonia; Prime detoxifies the ammonia made between one water change and the next.

The Prime is extra protection during the cycling process. Since you do not have the beneficial bacteria yet, ammonia can rise quite quickly.

So I was one of those people that thought bettas are fine in a bowl
So I kind of did everything backwards. I've had Mario for 2 weeks and then after finding out they shouldn't be in bowls went out and bought him EVERYTHING for a 10 gallon setup and waiting for it to cycle (I have no clue what im doing with that part LOL)

P.S If my family finds out how obsessed I am with this fish they would disown me haha!
But hoping to learn more on this forum.
I think you maybe don't need a 10 gallon tank.i think a 5 liter is fine

5 litres is far too small for any fish, I'm afraid. 5 litres is just 1.3 gallons. The minimum for a betta is 2.5 gallons, with 5 gallons being better.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back