Hello Friends

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I'm a known plant killer. Killing my aloe vera unsuccessful.
That is why I recommend easy to care for plants to people starting out. I had plasitic for years and this is now my 2nd year of only live plants. I just picked up some water sprite from my LFS and 5 ferns from Petco today for my 30 gallon LOTR tank I am working on.

That is why I recommend easy to care for plants to people starting out. I had plasitic for years and this is now my 2nd year of only live plants. I just picked up some water sprite from my LFS and 5 ferns from Petco today for my 30 gallon LOTR tank I am working on.
I had an amazon sword when I first started with this hobby and I didn't know that amazons are heavy root feeders. Now I've got bleheri and spectra, and they started to look a bit iffy. I got some root tabs for them today from my LFS. Hopefully I'm not gonna kill those, they're not so cheap.

I have some amazon swords too and just replanted them when I changed my 55gallon for LOTR castle to sunk forest, I still have them in the same tank just moved them so I hope they will be alright.

If you want an easy plant to grow, try Hippeastrums. They are a spring flowering bulb but grow for most of the year before going dormant over winter. Put them in a pot with some potting mix and a slow release fertiliser. Water them a couple of times a week and they do the rest.

Plant, check out Water Sprite. Great. Can be planted, little plants form on the leaves. You can then remove them and let them float. Roots hang down Great for fry and the fact that you get alot of bang for the buck.
Brilliant, thank you for the recommendation. I will add them to my list.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back