Hello community!

I forgot to mention - Tetra Safe Start is one of the most highly recommended bottled bacteria products and adding it to the tank should help. But you still need to do water change if ammonia or nitrite read above zero.

I forgot to mention - Tetra Safe Start is one of the most highly recommended bottled bacteria products and adding it to the tank should help. But you still need to do water change if ammonia or nitrite read above zero.
Thanks, @essjay
Good to know.

Thanks all. I bought some freeze dried blood worm this morning and they’re certainly eating that. They do not like the flakes I have though!!! Will get some different food once I’ve been to the shop tomorrow. Also, I got a testing kit and water is fine so I can enjoy the fish without stressing out that they’re going to die!! I thought having an aquarium was relaxing

Did you rehydrate the bloodworm before putting it in the tank? If it's put in dry, it can absorb water after it's been eaten and swell up inside the fish which isn't good for them. Soak it in a bit of tank water till it's absorbed some water first.

Did you rehydrate the bloodworm before putting it in the tank? If it's put in dry, it can absorb water after it's been eaten and swell up inside the fish which isn't good for them. Soak it in a bit of tank water till it's absorbed some water first.

Oh crap! Did not know this

Congrats. We are the same age and I’ve also got an aquarium, just not really on my birthday :)

There’s definitely a learning curve for beginners but folks at this forum is really helpful.

I spend quite a lot of time tending to my tank as I’m WFH at the moment and I don’t find it a chore, I rather enjoy it watching my little friends thrive.

I also do this with flake fish food, keeps the fish from swallowing air. I use a small cup of tank water to soak the fish food and then pour it in.

I've tropical probiotic pellets. Not sure if any good but they eat them.

I've tropical probiotic pellets. Not sure if any good but they eat them.
I have tetra and cory in my soft water tank and feed my fish Hikari micro pellets and the cory Wardley shrimp pellets. For flake food I use Omega One and Bug Bites. This summer I have been giving them live food almost everyday -mosquito larvae. My hard water fish mostly platy and guppy get flake food mostly.

Congrats. We are the same age and I’ve also got an aquarium, just not really on my birthday :)

There’s definitely a learning curve for beginners but folks at this forum is really helpful.

I spend quite a lot of time tending to my tank as I’m WFH at the moment and I don’t find it a chore, I rather enjoy it watching my little friends thrive.
Yep, same here. Working from home and my wife keeps finding me sitting and staring at the tank!

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

Glad you got a tank - never to old and never to young!

Happy birthday as well.:bday:

Welcome to the forum and the world of fish keeping, I hope you’ve had a good and happy birthday :bday:. Good luck with the fish keeping and remember when things don’t pan out the way you intend them to (and they won’t ) don’t give up, keep on going! this hobby can be truly rewarding if you stick at it.

Most reactions

Back