Have You Ever Helped A New Fish Keeper In The Shop

We stopped, well advised more than stopped someone buying a cute little 4" or so Arowana (not sure how to spell it, but those ones that grow huge) for their little tank...sales assistant was ready to bag it up,,,,don't think we were too popular with him.
 
We stopped, well advised more than stopped someone buying a cute little 4" or so Arowana (not sure how to spell it, but those ones that grow huge) for their little tank...sales assistant was ready to bag it up,,,,don't think we were too popular with him.
I'm impressed they listened. Any time I tell someone something like that they invariably say, "Well a fish will only get as big as their tank right? So he'll be fine."
 
At the independent lfs I go to, I rarely need to advise anyone, but it's a different story when I venture into the chain stores. Many a time I wrote out the name of this forum on a slip of paper and suggested the customer come here to verify the advice they had been given by the sales clerks.

Sometimes just giving them a reason to think something over will stop someone from making a sad mistake.
 
We stopped, well advised more than stopped someone buying a cute little 4" or so Arowana (not sure how to spell it, but those ones that grow huge) for their little tank...sales assistant was ready to bag it up,,,,don't think we were too popular with him.
:blink: :blink: :blink: Y :blink: I :blink: K :blink: E :blink: S :blink:
 
Yeah. She was getting me a bala shark and when she tried putting it in the little cup, the bala shark jumped out of the net and on the floor. I ran for it and picked it up. (Its going through healing right now, probably fully healed by now.)

Im twelve. Shes twentysomething. (early)

WOOOOOOOOOW. And this was one month ago. :D
 
Also, I forgot to research and I accidently bought the Bala Shark.(not the one who jumped.) It was really small back then but now its pretty decent size. (not too big, not too little.)

The lady didnt even warn me. Or the guy.

YEEEEEEEEEEAH. Pretty much sucks. I dont think they accept returns. So yeah, this forces me, almost broke, somehow gotta make money, to rehome my bala by itself..

Gee, lets hope they dont grow too fast in two years. (two more years till i try to get a job. XD)
 
when i went to my local garden centre at the fish section i got mistaken for a member of staff since i was wearing the same colour of t-shirt that the staff were wearing i got asked to recommend a good beginner fish by a person and i was like umm..guppies? and pointed them to the tank. another person asked me if i could net them out some tetras. i was like oh sorry i dont actually work here :blush:
when it came to buying my fish, i was having light conversation with the fish keeper and she said u should apply for a job here you seem to have a knack for it.
but sadly i was a year to young..
 
Dayum fife! You are freaken lucky. Whats the age limit?
Lets hope there arent any laws and slip you for the job. :3
 
i stopped someone setting new tank up with ill fish, the shop was really poor, every tank had dead fish in it, alot were just bones left, i asked store assistant what was going on and why theyd been left in that state, he replied simply to buisy to sort them out!! saw family looking to stock new tank and told them i wouldnt risk infecting tank as there was obviously a problem. management wasent much help either he laughed it off!!! i wont even go to the garden centre in there any more
 

Most reactions

Back
Top