Have to keep logging in

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
For the last 2 days I have had to log in every time I come to the forum. Please note, I have ticked the box that says (automatically log me in every time).

Basically I click the link to this site that is in my favorites. The website loads up and I am not logged in. I have to log in.

If I close my lap top and come back 5 minutes later. I have to log in again.

I’m not having this problem. Anyone else?

Have had the issue in the past but not recently.

Colin, I know you use a laptop so if your browser settings are set to automatically delete cookies when you close the browser, that will log you out.

I use a laptop and have a couple of sites which have complicated passwords so I don't like to log out of those as I have to look up the password every time (I do not store them anywhere on my laptop). So my browser is set to clear some things automatically when I close the browser, while other's I do manually - this includes deleting cookies; I delete almost every cookie including TFF's cookie but I do not clear the cookies for the sites with the complicated passwords. When I open the browser next time I do not have to log in to them, but I do for every other site including this one.
If you want to stay logged in permanently, check your browser settings and set them to not clear cookies or active log-ins on closing the browser.

The log in box for this site has the option to "stay logged in". If you don't tick this box, you'll get logged out after a couple of hours. If you do tick the box, you stay logged in until you click on "log out" or until your web browser automatically deletes all your cookies and active log-ins when you close it.

Colin, I know you use a laptop so if your browser settings are set to automatically delete cookies when you close the browser, that will log you out.
the settings are not to delete after the browser closes.

the stay logged in box is ticked.

How about active log ins, if your browser settings have that one?

The stay logged in box is only to stop the site logging you out after a couple of hours as I discovered when I forgot to tick it. If some setting on your laptop automatically logs you out, that overrides the stay logged in tick box.

Just a thought - do you use a private mode? That doesn't remember cookies so when you turn on next time you won't be logged in.

Let me look into this. I would recommend clearing your cache, but if you are still having a problem it could be something else.

For the last 2 days I have had to log in every time I come to the forum. Please note, I have ticked the box that says (automatically log me in every time).

Basically I click the link to this site that is in my favorites. The website loads up and I am not logged in. I have to log in.

If I close my lap top and come back 5 minutes later. I have to log in again.

Can you copy and paste the exact link that you have in your favorites? I'm guessing it might be a redirect issue.... but I need to know the URL in your favorites, not the URL you end up after clicking on it and being redirected, if that makes sense.

I have cleared cache yesterday and it still does it today.

I can go onto other forums and don't have to log in each time. It is only this forum.
I am having other issues with this forum too (like the font changing).

I can go onto other forums and don't have to log in each time. It is only this forum.

Strange, that link shouldn't be a problem at all... I can't find any reason for it to be broken and searching xenforo.com has not provided any good clues :(

What happens if you try a different browser?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back