Has Anyone Kept Wild Bettas?

novice_learner

Reaction score
Has anyone kept wild Bettas? I understand in wild Bettas males and females can be kept together? Is this true? Can Wild Betta Males be kept together?

I keep 3 diff types, 2 mouthbrooders and 1 bubble nester and yes they can be kept together without overt signs of aggression except the bubble nester when he has a brood in a nest, the mouthbrooder are diff the males always hide away when they have a mouthful.

My bubble nesters are Betta Livida
Mouthbrooders and Betta Channoides and Albimarginata

I keep 3 diff types, 2 mouthbrooders and 1 bubble nester and yes they can be kept together without overt signs of aggression except the bubble nester when he has a brood in a nest, the mouthbrooder are diff the males always hide away when they have a mouthful.

My bubble nesters are Betta Livida
Mouthbrooders and Betta Channoides and Albimarginata

Question for you Amerce....
How did you go about getting these different type of bettas. The only bettas I have ever seen are The Splendens.
I know they are out there but where do you find them? I am in the US by the way.

Ahh well I know a guy in who collects and breeds them and he and I will swap/exchange species to breed them. I also have a shop (which ain't close) but I occassionally persuade my OH to go out for a drive .... if I buy him lunch and if I'm lucky I find them there.

If you are in the US how about trying Aquabid.com as I know there are some breeders of wilds on there ?

Ahh well I know a guy in who collects and breeds them and he and I will swap/exchange species to breed them. I also have a shop (which ain't close) but I occassionally persuade my OH to go out for a drive .... if I buy him lunch and if I'm lucky I find them there.

If you are in the US how about trying Aquabid.com as I know there are some breeders of wilds on there ?

So you know a guy. That's lucky, I wish I had fish connection. I will check out aqua-bid.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back