Has Anyone Dealt With......

I have actually been trying to get in touch with Lee as well, so this has been pretty useful information. As a matter of fact, I've visited his house sometime ago and on an unrelated note, his fish collection is awesome. S. Barbatus, C. Robinae, Microgalaxy Rasbora, I could go on and on. But anyway there seems to be a bit a flak on the guy on these forums, so I thought I'd offer my opinion. Lee was, I thought, in person, a pretty cordial guy. I was also invited to his fish house opening so I don't think this person's a 'hit-and-run' person - I've seen the place the fish house is gonna be in and it's massive and he had done loads of piping, etc, and there were a fair amount of spare tanks. This guy's pretty serious and has an import/export license. He didn't mind me offering a part-ex. (captive bred Corydoras Atropersonatus) at a pretty reasonable price, so so far my experience with him has been fairly positive.

Just my two cents. (or should I say, pennies?)

Edit: The prices he's offering are really good I think - 7quid for a massive Corydoras Concolor is not bad at all. The fish he's selling aren't your puny Aeneus-a-likes - they're probably good for breeding even and are I think good value considering their size and the time they take to grow (cories being the slow growers that they are)

Hi

Lee seems to be getting some good reviews which I suppose is ok but here is my 2 pennies because I am sure I am not alone in this.

Businesses who look after their customers will get good feedback and will grow.
Businesses who do not communicate with customers and behave in a way that makes the customer feel cheated, ripped off, dis-respected... will not grow.

In this case Lee provided very nice fish and he also had the pump I bought....so no deceipt was ever suggested.

where he failed massively was lack of care and communication.

There may well have been problems he had but unfortunately he ran out of excuses. Even when I contacted him with new details of address he promised to post the pump on the following monday. I had to chase and chase and threated small claims before he finally got back to me on Wednesday ( 1 week later) and told me the pump was posted. On checking, it was posted Wednesday....so what happened to Monday and if Monday was not feasible what happened to letting the customer know. He said he had been away but I contacted him by text so how hard is it to respond to a text?? this was after 4 weeks of trying to get his new contact details because he stopped all communication routes. A simple response on a forum letting all his customers know the situation was obviously also too difficult?

So i personally feel let down because Lee failed to see that the time, effort and chasing has cost his customer (in my case almost £5 on top of the cost of the item) and around 3-4 hours writing e-mails, forums and contacting citizens advice for forms to fill in.

I certainly would not recommend a company that cannot see the need to treat customers with respect and believe in customer satisfaction.

Alan

Most reactions

Back