Guppy query

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Jesi

Reaction score
Hey guys! Iā€™m a fish keeping noob and iv only had my tank for over 6 months. I have 6 fancy guppies, 6 black tetras and 6 cardinal tetras with 1 albino corydora in a 60l tank. One of my guppies has a large tail so I presume itā€™s a male? He has recently started resting on the tank bottom.. is a little lethargic. Will start swimming when food is placed in the tank, but apart from that not very active. I presumed it was either sleeping? But this guppy is less active than the others. Could age be a possibility?
B1B6D034-2EC2-4CB5-AECE-82D939AA455B.jpeg

Hey guys! Iā€™m a fish keeping noob and iv only had my tank for over 6 months. I have 6 fancy guppies, 6 black tetras and 6 cardinal tetras with 1 albino corydora in a 60l tank. One of my guppies has a large tail so I presume itā€™s a male? He has recently started resting on the tank bottom.. is a little lethargic. Will start swimming when food is placed in the tank, but apart from that not very active. I presumed it was either sleeping? But this guppy is less active than the others. Could age be a possibility?View attachment 99224
What is your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH and GH levels? Was the tank cycled? Does the guppy show any other symptoms? How often do you do water changes? Do a 75% water change daily until the problem is resolved. Sorry to bombard you with questions.

I can see multiple stocking issues here, I will let other member go into this.
20200313_211136.jpg

You can tell the gender of guppies and other live bearing fish by their fins. This is an image from wiki how

What is your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH and GH levels? Was the tank cycled? Does the guppy show any other symptoms? How often do you do water changes? Do a 75% water change daily until the problem is resolved. Sorry to bombard you with questions.

I can see multiple stocking issues here, I will let other member go into this.View attachment 99237

You can tell the gender of guppies and other live bearing fish by their fins. This is an image from wiki how
To be honest I do not have the tools to know any of the levels I only have a thermometer that tells me the tank is currently 26 degrees. By the photo you have shown he is the same as the blue image. I will do a 75% water change first thing. I usually do a 30% water change every Saturday.

If you live near a pet shop, you can take a glass full of tank water into them and ask if they will test it for you. If you do this, write down the results in numbers. If the shop says the water is fine, ask them what the results are in numbers. Then post the results here.

To be honest I do not have the tools to know any of the levels I only have a thermometer that tells me the tank is currently 26 degrees. By the photo you have shown he is the same as the blue image. I will do a 75% water change first thing. I usually do a 30% water change every Saturday.
And yes the tank was cycled for 1.5 months before adding fish
If you live near a pet shop, you can take a glass full of tank water into them and ask if they will test it for you. If you do this, write down the results in numbers. If the shop says the water is fine, ask them what the results are in numbers. Then post the results here.
thats great advice thank you I will do that.

Most reactions

Back