The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
can tropical guppies survive outdoors when put outside in summer in zone 9b?

Don't know where zone 9b is but we put all sorts of tropical fishes outdoors in late spring and bring them in at late autumn. Put a bucket of water outside and if the temperature is above 20C, go for it.

Depends on a lot of thing. What the temperature is like outside during the fall/winter, what kind of predators live in your area, how big the pond is, etc

Depends on a lot of thing. What the temperature is like outside during the fall/winter, what kind of predators live in your area, how big the pond is, etc
there's birds here but they usually just take a sip. the mosquitofish are too fast for them (other pond)
Don't know where zone 9b is but we put all sorts of tropical fishes outdoors in late spring and bring them in at late autumn. Put a bucket of water outside and if the temperature is above 20C, go for it.
the mosquitofish seem to like it, and they are very similar, so ill give it a go after i set up the new tank

I don't know where zone 9b is. But yes, also I will keep them outdoors when the day temperature starts to be around 15-16°C overhere. At the end of their time outdoors (somewhere during fall), they'll be used to a wide range of temperature.

the mosquitofish seem to like it, and they are very similar, so ill give it a go after i set up the new tank
Mosquito fish (Gambusia affinis) are pretty tough and will survive water that is just above freezing, right up to 40C+

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back