Guppy has fuzzy cloudy eyes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DaisyMano

Reaction score
Hi my guppy has developed white fuzz on eyes. Not sure what it is. Its only developed today. Does anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_150023.jpg
    IMG_20200715_150023.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_20200715_150019.jpg
    IMG_20200715_150019.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 354
Cloudy eye is usually caused by poor water conditions or an injury. Use a medicine that treats bacterial infection. API FURAN-2 treats cloudy eye.

Yes same thing happened to my molly. One of he’s eyes was cloudy all of sudden. And yes it was definitely my water it’s in the process of cycling for a better environment. Unfortunately he died soon after.

Yes same thing happened to my molly. One of he’s eyes was cloudy all of sudden. And yes it was definitely my water it’s in the process of cycling for a better environment. Unfortunately he died soon after.
Hi im in the 5th week of cycling and the water levels like ammonia nitrite are all 0ppm. Nitrate is also under 5ppm. Just Ive had issues with my PH dropping low to 6.4 or 6.2 so i have been using Api PH up when needed. Sometimes a few drops daily like half a teaspoon (2.5ml).

Yes, that looks good.

After viewing their website, it looks ok.https://www.kingbritish.co.uk/product/king-british-disease-clear
Ok thanks. I will add that. I have been doing regular daily water changes so dont know if thats too much? I take out about 20 to 40% daily.

Sorry, the link didn’t work last time.

Ok thanks. I will add that. I have been doing regular daily water changes so dont know if thats too much? I take out about 20 to 40% daily.
I’m pretty sure if you are dosing the disease clear, there is no need to preform water changes. What does it say on the back of the box? (Instructions)

That medication contains silver proteinate - I don't know if it effective against this condition.
eSHa 2000 is the best UK med for bacterial infections, if that's what this is.

Warning: with King British meds, use litres to work out the dose. The gallon dose rate is for Imperial gallons and fish tanks are always measured in US gallons. King British is the only brand I know of that uses Imperial gallons.

I’m pretty sure if you are dosing the disease clear, there is no need to preform water changes. What does it say on the back of the box? (Instructions)
Hi, doesn't mention about water changes at all. Just says can perform a water change after problem is gone of 10%.

Hi, doesn't mention about water changes at all. Just says can perform a water change after problem is gone of 10%.
I would go with that, as different medications have different dosing rates. Follow the instructions on the box, and keep us posted. :)

Most reactions

Back