Guppy fry taking over tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Its been a while since I posted. After the ick incident and I losing most of the fish everything seems to be doing well..... i have 2 loaches, 2 tetras that survived the ordeal. One adult female guppy that I now call moma blue (for a very good reason) not sure how many shrimp it's a 29 gallon planted tank with a nice planted attach drift wood. I added 3 saphire shrimp (I seen all 3 recently think one might be berries...) 5 bloody Mary's (seen only 1 lately.....) it's my 1st live plants aquarium. Anyways MoMA blue had 2 batches of fry and I'm 100% sure she didn't eat any.... I have a 1st batch that's about an inch now and lol newborns. The newborns arent hiding infact they seem happy to swim around in the opening.... is this normal? Or is it because the plants and me feedings good quality food keeping the bigger fish full? Oh the filter a good one it's for 29 gallon to 60.

keeping the adult fish well fed and places for the fry to hide most definitely helps
when adult guppies get so used to seeing tiny babies around they tend to leave them alone

Lol they dont hide at all which I'm very surprised by. I think one of my saphire shrimp is berries.... I see tiny eggs starting by her tail. Only worry is when they hatch will they be smart enough to hide in the plants and drift wood? If so they might have a chance if not sigh they make great food for fish.. .. I can start another aquarium but dont want to move or stress them out plus the plants are just getting established well in the aquarium. The plants were only added basically a few weeks (couple months I think I lose track of time fast) before I joined this forum and now starting to look happy and growing well.

I try to take pictures again soon and add it but I suck at it.......

Well I guess my 4 lead clover working picture might load on 1st try....

Attachments

• 20191117_130237.jpg
    20191117_130237.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 63
Some babies but blurry picture sorry

Attachments

• 20191117_130312.jpg
    20191117_130312.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 78
Only small part of my tank but its my focus part

Attachments

• 20191117_130308.jpg
    20191117_130308.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 88
I will try posting better pictures later.... these ones don't to my tank justice

I'm the worlds worst aquarium photographer but two tricks I have learned are take the pictures at night to get the glare off the glass and light the tank from above. I think your pictures are pretty good and that big Swordplant (?) is nice.

two tricks I have learned are take the pictures at night to get the glare off the glass and light the tank from above.
One more is to turn off the room lights so you don't get reflections (or yourself) in the pic.

Actually what you're seeing is a crypt, java fern and anubias. I do have one sword but cant be seen in the pictures. It's in the back of tank in the corner. I also have java moss and a red tiger lotus.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back