Guppy Cant Poo

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vancouver

- l l a m a s -
Reaction score
Anything I can do? It wont eat... It's back end is definitely blocked.. It's tail is getting reddish like the veins are popping out..

I don't know what I can do... Cant poop tho.. poor thing

Hi, if it will still eat get a frozen pea and stand it in a cup of boiling water for a minute or two....de-shell it [take the hard skin off] and mush the pea up, then pop it in your tank! This normally helps with constipation.

Lisa x

How many gallons or litres is the tank.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Does the fish look bloated or skinny.
What do you normally feed the fish.
is the spine bending.
What does it look like when the fish goes to the toilet.
Is the anus enlarged or red and inflamed.
Any worms prutruding from the anus.

is sounds like the fish might also have septicemia.
If the fish won't eat the peas. Wrap the fish in a cloth soak in tank water and add a drop of cod liver oil to the mouth.
Don't feed for two days afterwards.

The fish might not make it sadly.

10g tank, about 7 guppies.. water is all good..

Fish is bloated.. butt is reddish.. not pooing.. spine isnt bending yet but the tail is looking reddish like the veins are popping out..

eats bloodworms and flakes..

hasnt eaten in a couple days.. i tried grabbing it and squeezing it a bit to see if i could get some of the yuckies out..

i think i will try mashing up some peas in water and seeing if i can force it to eat some pea-water

Another one to try is epsom salt. For a short term bath, 5-10 minutes, add a tablespoon to a gallon of tank water. For long term, add a teaspoon per 10 gallons, increase by a teaspoon daily for a few days for a maximum of 3 teaspoons per 10 gallons. Watch for any signs of distress if you do the short term bath, try this once or twice daily.

Go easy on the bloodworms, these are a high protein food famous for causing constipation.

I forgot about epson salts for constipation too.
Hows the fish today.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back