Guppy Can't Close His Mouth

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppyxtina

Reaction score
My teen guppy fri can't close his mouth don't see anything in it he is skinny so he hasn't been eating his brother and sisters are always full and plump I separated him and did a water change in my tank 10 gallon 3 adult males 5 three month olds and 10 oneweek old babies sadly mother dead bc of my stupidity I separated her to recuperate and a break from the males.... I live in a attic,second floor so when its hot its hot when it cold its freezing long story short we had a freak cold front i had the windows opened it summer...and I put her in a hermit crab mini tank_thing and she froze not literally .....what should I do with my little guy?im scared to put him in the tank:(

Picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 232
Is it possible to get a closer picture of the mouth... does the mouth look normal and just open?  Does it look at all like part of the mouth is missing (possible mouth rot)?

It could have some food lodged in it? does he chew? Or Maybe he dislocated his jaw.

My tank is heated and filtered

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 218
All normal ranges ph7 0 ammonia hard 5 he died I gave them some mosquito larvae from the back yard that was in some rain water I'm pretty sure that was the reason now looking back and now my poor betta has droopsy too lesson learned I'm new at keeping fish my dad has been a hobbyist for years and gave his fish mosquito larvae but now I know not to jump just bc someone else did it ;(heart broken over my betta had him trained and everything

Guppyxtina said:
All normal ranges ph7 0 ammonia hard 5 he died I gave them some mosquito larvae from the back yard that was in some rain water I'm pretty sure that was the reason now looking back and now my poor betta has droopsy too lesson learned I'm new at keeping fish my dad has been a hobbyist for years and gave his fish mosquito larvae but now I know not to jump just bc someone else did it ;(heart broken over my betta had him trained and everything
Aye, but did you cyle the tank? WHat are the exact parameters?

Arr man so sorry to hear that! I guess your old man ment well!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back