Growing Purple Waffle And Aluminium Plant?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TooManyChoices

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm going to have a shot at growing these two plants emersed, the water level will be about 15cm (6"), so most of the leaves should be above the water line.

Are either of these plants suitable for this purpose? I know they're not aquatic plants but I don't know what the is the maximum level of water they'll tolerate.

I'm really just having a crack at it but I feel like the water might be a bit too deep.

Any opinions/ advice would be great.

You wont get "shot" for trying but I can pretty much tell you what the plants will do. If the stem is leaf free and submerged while the leaves are above the water line, then you are essentially growing a cutting. And the plant will produce water roots.
Since purple waffle and aluminium are not try aquatics once fully submerged they will just rot off and usually where the stem enters the substrate.

However you may have some luck if you had a container with a good level of quality potting mix and kept it flooded to only a couple of millimetres above the soil height and then grow these two plants in a "marsh" type sceneario.

Baccus said:
You wont get "shot" for trying but I can pretty much tell you what the plants will do. If the stem is leaf free and submerged while the leaves are above the water line, then you are essentially growing a cutting. And the plant will produce water roots.
Since purple waffle and aluminium are not try aquatics once fully submerged they will just rot off and usually where the stem enters the substrate.

However you may have some luck if you had a container with a good level of quality potting mix and kept it flooded to only a couple of millimetres above the soil height and then grow these two plants in a "marsh" type sceneario.

+1. a plaudarium would be more suiting.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back