Greetings

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AbstractClock18

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and have many questions. I started this hobby of keeping fish, entirely ignorant, about two years ago, when I started college. I've only kept Bettas until now. I only have a 5 gallon tank, with a Gold Inca Snail living inside, by himself while I try to figure out what kind of fish I should get next, the kind that won't try to eat him. That's part of the reason I've joined this forum, actually.
Thank you for having me, I'm excited to learn from all of you.

Welcome! Lots of friendly and helpful people here! We are happy to answer any questions you may have, and always love photos of the tank and it’s inhabitants, even if it is just a snail! :hi:

Welcome to the forum! I also keep Gold Inca mystery snails, but I also breed them.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

You might be able to keep a Betta in with the snail. The Betta may confuse the snails long antennae with food - that's why it's generally not recommended to keep Bettas and mystery snails in the same tank.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

You might be able to keep a Betta in with the snail. The Betta may confuse the snails long antennae with food - that's why it's generally not recommended to keep Bettas and mystery snails in the same tank.
Thank you!
I did notice some nipping from my last Betta when I first introduced Mercury (the snail) to the tank. It seemed to only happen when the Betta was hungry and mad at me for sleeping past feeding time.

Thank you!
I did notice some nipping from my last Betta when I first introduced Mercury (the snail) to the tank. It seemed to only happen when the Betta was hungry and mad at me for sleeping past feeding time.
That is normal, just keep an eye out for any super aggressive activity. It may get to a point where you have to remove the snail from that tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back