Green Terror, Male Or Female?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

3Timz

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have a 1 year old green terror and im not sure if it is a male or a female. Any idea which it is?

Attachments

• IMG_1557 (2).JPG
    IMG_1557 (2).JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1560 (2).JPG
    IMG_1560 (2).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 339
if you could get some better pics that would help but from what i can see it looks like a female

its the best i can get with my phone, i dont have a normal camera.

3Timz said:
its the best i can get with my phone, i dont have a normal camera.
ok well i would just go with female for now and see wen it gets older its still very Yong

A 1 year old gt should be old enough to sex. It looks male to me

Never mind I thought the male was the only one with red fin trims

They are not called a Green Terror or Gold Saum etc etc the one you have is a Andinoacara Rivulatus, Green Terrors are Andinoacara Stalsbergi. Yours looks to be a male but a better picture will confirm it.

No, one of the most commonly miss named cichlids, it's a Andinoacara Rivulatus. Like I said Andinoacara Stalsbergi is the green terror. The key differences is the scale pattern, white on the tail instead of orange (rivulatus also has a white form too) they are smaller and also have a different shape and deserve the name green terror because they are far more aggressive than a rivulatus.

3Timz said:
So it's not a green terror?
no green terrors do have whit on there tail and are most commonly called true green terrors. this is not a true green terror this is what most pet shops say is a green terror but is not

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back