I have a 10 gallon tank with :
2 tiger barbs
1 silver molly
1 glofish(zebra danio)
1 algae eater
1 snail
1 guppy
1 dwarf puffer

My tank water has turn gatorade green and you cant see within an inch of the tank.
I have tried water crystalizers and algae begone, but nothing seems to work.
IM afraid if i use to mch algone that my snail and algae eater will die of no algea
does anyone have any ideas on what for me to do?

This is a pic of what my tank looks like but mines worse
http://www.sigridurvala.com/tanks/tank1.jpg

Do you have the tank close to a windows here it can get sunlight??
if not
do a 50% water change and leave lights of for 3 to 4 days, feed the fish only once a day.

It should go away, an algae bloom is normal in a high lit tank in the starting period, you might just have to much nutiense in the water so some fast growing plant should help you useing those before the algae can start useing them...

I agree, get a couple of plants and leave the light of for a bit, or at least only put them on for an hour or 2. You can also buy these things that look like big tea bags. They're supposed to get rid of the green algea. i think they're cheap aswell.

bbq1234 said:
I have a problem
I have a 10 gallon tank with :
2 tiger barbs
1 silver molly
1 glofish(zebra danio)
1 algae eater
1 snail
1 guppy
1 dwarf puffer

My tank water has turn gatorade green and you cant see within an inch of the tank.
I have tried water crystalizers and algae begone, but nothing seems to work.
IM afraid if i use to mch algone that my snail and algae eater will die of no algea
does anyone have any ideas on what for me to do?

This is a pic of what my tank looks like but mines worse
http://www.sigridurvala.com/tanks/tank1.jpg
What do you mean by glowfish (zebra danio)?
Is it a gennetically altered zebra danio (brachydanio rerio)
or have you confused it with a glowlight danio (brachydanio choprae)?

If it is the first please donot buy any more. It is a horrid pratice that should be outlawed! :angry:

the second is a naturally occuring fish.

Damn that is one dirty tank! Change half your water, scrap all the algae off and dont give it any light until the algae dies. And if it is getting direct sunlight move it real quick! I had a proble like this with my 12L tank and that was because it was getting direct sunlight.

The algea may not be your only problem looking at your sig.

I'd move your guppy if you can It probbably won't last long with 2 bored tigers barbs in there and a puffer.

All 3 are supposed to be fin nippers, especially the tiger barbs, and especially when there are only 2 of them. :D

Most reactions

trending

Back