Green Eggs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I will post in the marine section to try to figure this out... I am thinking rotifers may be accurate. Last night there seemed to be more than ever - in the green murkiness. This morning - CLEAR green water. Amazing tranformation. I can see everything in the tank again. :blink:

It kind of confirmed that there are most likely no shrimp in there, so I am not crazed about it. I did add a frozen block of them a few weeks back... for food.... am I incorrect in thinking that frozen = dead?? I'm stumped otherwise.

The other big news..?????

Guess who just molted and is carrying another HUGE batch of eggs??? :shout:

So it looks like I am about to start on this adventure alllllll over again...!!!!!!! Perhaps I should start a new thread..?! :blush:

Looks like I jinxed it. This cluster of eggs turned white-ish, and it looks like she must have dumped them all. No eggs left when I saw her around today.

Maybe she knew I needed more time to 'recover' and gather patience for the next round still!!! ;)

I've recently bought a couple of amano females, myself. :)

So if the eggs are infertile, they turn white...?
Well, mine ever only looked like this (looks pretty white to me) - never green. And I had zoes ????

156_5678ca.jpg

I don't know what's up with the colour differences of the eggs... Obviously Bloo is testament that white eggs hatch successfully... Mine have only ever been moss green in colour..? And hatched successfully (and that was about all :() the first time too.

This time started green. Then she started dumping them, and they had changed to a cloudy white colour. ??? Who knows.

Good luck with your new females Xan! Hope you get a shot at raising some zoes soon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back