Great......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Gotta love it. Are they at least paying you for the driving and lodging? What do you do? Hopefully the storm is just rain. I love driving in the rain, especially cross country!

I've got a meeting tomorrow at 2pm. I work 3rd shift, so 2pm is when I sleep. Working now and tomorrow night, so I'll be a zombie tomorrow. I'm just going to show up in pajamas and tell them to schedule the next meeting at 2am.

I hate driving in the rain, loonatics speeding, tail gating and doing all sorts of stupid things. Sometimes the rain is so heavy you literally can't see 10 feet in front of you and you have to pull over, put the hazard lights on and hope nobody drives up your rear end. Then there's the issue of the foggy windows, and getting out while it's pouring down. No thanks, I prefer driving on dry roads with good visibility and no big puddles to pull the car off the road.

I hate driving in the rain, loonatics speeding, tail gating and doing all sorts of stupid things. Sometimes the rain is so heavy you literally can't see 10 feet in front of you and you have to pull over, put the hazard lights on and hope nobody drives up your rear end. Then there's the issue of the foggy windows, and getting out while it's pouring down. No thanks, I prefer driving on dry roads with good visibility and no big puddles to pull the car off the road.

The UK has some ridiculously narrow roads as well, don't they?

Just be careful. Take extra hour to get there if needed.

Last edited:
The UK has some ridiculously narrow roads as well, don't they?

Just be careful. Take extra hour to get there if needed.
Yes they do, but mainly just off country roads or a one way road. I don't mind being in the rain, I remember as I was going with my mum to pick up a 33 gal, a massive rainstorm hit us and the rain was almost bullet hail. All you could hear was rain and could see like 5ft in front of you. After it passed, there was the most vibrant rainbow I've seen for a long time.

I just started a job doing portable appliance testing, an electrical safety test to ensure plugs and flex leads haven't been overly abused, 506 tests done today, only 2 failed items.
Once I hit the town 27 miles away from home it was all dual carriageways and motorways, it was windy and rainy and there was a jack knifed trailer to get pass.
My company car is a Vauxhall Corsa, so a compact in USian terms.
If you think the UK roads can be narrow you should try the Irish roads.....though the motorways are good and the general standard of driving in Ireland has vastly improved since I first drove down.
Now in my hotel room in Cork, having had my Ā£20 food allowance and a beer out of my own pocket, debating between a walk or a film. Breakfast at 7, a few more points to do in the morning and hopefully be home for tea.

Awesome. Glad you made it safely. I looked up the Vauxhall Corsa. I've never heard of Vauxhall, but have heard of their parent company Opel and Australian counterpart Holden. Our answer to it is a Chevrolet Aveo. Now the real question: Can it go any faster than 5mph under the speed limit? :lol:

Awesome. Glad you made it safely. I looked up the Vauxhall Corsa. I've never heard of Vauxhall, but have heard of their parent company Opel and Australian counterpart Holden. Our answer to it is a Chevrolet Aveo. Now the real question: Can it go any faster than 5mph under the speed limit? :lol:
It can, only our vans are restricted to 70mph, which means I can go the 75mph limit on the Irish motorways. But I have a tracker and accelerometer installed so have to drive nice. Unless I'm in a hire car.........?

And of course as I was driving past......
IMG_20201217_122444.jpg

Only spent EUR 20......

And Iā€™d have No idea of how to drive in snow! One year it snowed when I worked downtown. I mean, really snowed (for us in Texas) and we had a good 3ā€ of snow on the ground and still falling. (I know, donā€™t go there). I carpooled with my sister and a friend named Rick. His wife was ā€œBuffyā€ because she came from Buffalo, NY. I thought, ā€œOK, Buffalo has lots of snow so Rick can drive us home.ā€ So Off we went in my car with Rick driving. Now, Texans canā€™t drive in snow. Thatā€™s just a born fact. We see it once a decade and very lightly. So everyone was running into each other. Rick skidded a few times and almost took us off the road once. We even did a fish tail that turned out to be a 360. All the while, my sister and I felt confident because we had Rick from Buffalo at the wheel. He was our secret weapon against all the crazy drivers out there. Rick and my sister even stopped to grab a beer for the road and to celebrate our success when we hit our side of town. We got home in one piece. We gave high five to Rick thanked him for taking over and for his experience in snow. He answered, ā€œ What experience, Iā€™m from Orlando, FL. Iā€™ve never seen snow before today.ā€ Turned out he met his wife in Orlando. God must have been our co-pilot that day. Then it was time for something stronger than a beer.

It's been snowing here for 2 days straight now, but not much accumulation to speak of (less than 5"). In any event, went outside and made a bunch of snowballs. After each one was made, my son took it and either stomped on it or squished it in his mittens lol. At least he had fun I guess haha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back