Gravel To Sand

newhobby

New Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
New Jersey
I want to change my gravel over to sand. I checked around on the forum and most people are using Argos sand. I checked their website but it is European. Can anyone suggest anyplace or websites in the US where i can get play sand or any kind of sand that i could use. I really didn't want to use my LFS because it would be too expensive IMO. BTW, i checked out Toys R Us online but i didn't see it on their site.
 
Just go to walmart and get some play sand, the sand that is used in sandboxes and what not. It is the same stuff as Argos sand for a fraction of the price!

-FHM
 
And if your walmart doesn't have any check out Home Depot, Lowes, or any other building supply store. :good:
 
And if your walmart doesn't have any check out Home Depot, Lowes, or any other building supply store. :good:

Not so sure about this one? The reason we in the UK use Argos or Toys R Us is to make sure that it is PLAY sand, not the rather sharper BUILDERS sand. Of course if your building stores in the US stock PLAY sand as well then no problem :)
 
And if your walmart doesn't have any check out Home Depot, Lowes, or any other building supply store. :good:

Not so sure about this one? The reason we in the UK use Argos or Toys R Us is to make sure that it is PLAY sand, not the rather sharper BUILDERS sand. Of course if your building stores in the US stock PLAY sand as well then no problem :)

They stock play sand, well they call it sandbox sand, but I've bought it at Home Depot and have seen it at Lowes. :good:
 
I usually use the play sand from Home Depot. Since winter is coming up, if they run out they might not restock until spring. If this is the case, try another one or go to Lowes. Builder's sand is not an acceptable substitute for an aquarium.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top