Grassy Plant Id

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nessar

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Anyone know what this grassy stuff is: http://www.amanotakashi.net/portfolio/nature_aquarium/images/005.jpg

And whether I would be able to grow it, or grow a similar plant, in a low tech, not great lighting setup?

Looks like dwarf hair grass. Its been cut at the front and left to grow at the back. I have made a carpet out out this and have just one tip.

CO2

its hair grass it might be P type in the front and the A type in the back (dont know how to spell it) you could try it in a low tech tank although if your going to buy it dont get it from online or a fish shop go to a pond shop it sells it in bigger tubs and is often cheaper :good:

Thank you. I dont have any CO2 or anything, and my lighting is only '9w PL' - not sure what 'PL' means, and whether this light is good enough. Its a new tank, just a diddy 22 litre, I'm using the Fluval stratum substrate.

Will I need fertilisers and CO2 to grow this? And can you get them in some sort of easy-to-do form?

do you have auqa mode 300? iv got that tank if so and iv struggeled to grow this in there.. it does grow though. no to co2 no to ferts altho they help alot try liquid carbon

do you have auqa mode 300? iv got that tank if so and iv struggeled to grow this in there.. it does grow though. no to co2 no to ferts altho they help alot try liquid carbon

No its the Aqua One Aquanano 30 :)

Is liquid carbon a substitute for CO2? Does it need doing every day?

its not as good as co2 but it acts as a form of carbon, you could give it ago im not sure with the PL light if you'd need it though (iv not tested it a lot my hair grass wasent coping to well in that tank :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back