*grabs bazooka in one hand and AK-47 in other*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to understand how my post could be misconstrued as an insult or derogatory? Have you read any of my other responses to comander doom? In any of his other threads? Honestly, the hostility isn't coming from me. I've offered every piece of advice I could to every question he has had. As for me snapping? Why ya want me to snap? or can someone not handle a little honesty? I'm speaking honestly when I say that he needs to start out with a beginners book. Yeah we all screw up when we first start out. I started out with a 5 gallon and some of the same problems that he is having...my problem was not having a good heater. Ya know what I did?? I did exactly what I advised him to do. Got a beginner book and started all over again with. enough knowledge to keep the fish alive. Last year at this time I had 5 tanks. I sold my 35 gallon and my 15 gallon to upgrade to a 100 gallon. The ciclid fry I have raised paid for most of my equipment and now I'm working on breeding discus. If you've actually read all the posts and actually see that I don't offer advice and all I do is jump down his throat, fine, I apologise. But since I highly doubt that you have read them all, then like I said before " who gives a rats ass"

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!!! Lets all take a deep breath. Now, you all KNOW I write my posts and questions immaturely. It is my nature. The next thing you know, fish WW3 is taking place. Lets all take a deep breath, drink a glass of water, whatever, and calm down.

Now, like my first post was about. I only have 1 fish in there at this point as all the other fish are o.k and are not causing problems in the tank. The 2 gallon currently holds a single goldfish who is getting better. Once this is taken care of, my oversized goldfish is going to the store. My ten gallon is stable and fine. Well like I said, calm down. Fish don't get into arguments like this, lets make our fish proud of us and not get angry.

lmao...tell your fish I said sorry. I got sick at work yesterday and now I'm at home bored and watchin my happy new discus. I'm glad to hear your larger tank is doin better. I have to test fill my new 100 gallon tonight and then I gotta start the whole process of building a healthy aquarium again. Just wondering which one of my older heartier fishies will be the first guinee pig in the new tank. I don't wanna kill the $200 shovel nose yet.

look, i've not followed this conversation from the start - i've just read it now though, and it is extremely confusing :S

I think the actual question has kind of been solved, but i just wanted to point this out -

carppy said -
If he dies then flush him down the toilet and start the whole process again

then commanderdoom21 said -
If you read the pinned post about euthansia, flushing your fish down the toilet is an unacceptable method of the disposal of a dead fish.
which makes sense and is truthful

then carppy replied -
I didn't tell you to flush your live fish down the toilet, thats sadistic/QUOTE]
but commanderdoom21 didn't say anything about flushing live fish :S

then carppy says later on -
If he [a new fish] dies then flush him down the toilet and start the whole process again.
which is what commanderdoom21 pointed out is not the correct thing to do -_-

i got very confused :X :look: :S this is a very strange conversation :crazy:

its because I was quoting my posts trying to point out that I wasn't being mean..but uh you can quote my other posts about the rats ass, lol

and this is a quot from what we were talking about. Euthanasia is what is done to a living fish to end suffering.

Unacceptable methods of Euthanasia
1. – Flushing a fish down the lavatory
2. – Removing them from the water until death occurs
3. – Plunging them in either boiling or freezing water
4. – Freezing them to death, this method causes pain and immense stress.
– Knocking them unconscious without destroying their brain.

Now I'm done argueing. Commander feel free to email me or msn me if you need help. I'm gonna find my list of reference material online for you. But take the bazooka and stick it somewhere where it won't cause harm. heh like sadams ass

and umm the toilet water here doesn't go into open water ways, it goes to a sewage treatment plant first and the solid waste is not disposed of in our waterways, it is otherwise disposed of

Commander, read your first post then read your second post where you asked everyone to calm down.

Now going back to your first post.....why do you think anyone would want to help you when you ask for help that way? In the second post you sound......well....almost adult like.

There are many people willing to help but only if you ask correctly. Not many will lash out at you necessarily but I promise you that many read your questions and just move on wondering what's up with this dude?

Something to think about if you plan on staying around.....of course just my humble opinion.

carppy said:
...then fill the tank with water(treated) , run the filter system and the heater for a week, get your water temp stable then add one fish, if he lives you can add more fish...
Just wondering, after reading your comment about using a fish as a guinea pig. Have you heard of fishless cycling, carppy? Judging by the advice you gave (quoted above), it doesn't seem so. By fishless cycling you don't have to put any fish through ammonia and nitrite poisoning. May I recommend that you read up on that?

FanOFish said:
Now going back to your first post.....why do you think anyone would want to help you when you ask for help that way?

There are many people willing to help but only if you ask correctly. Not many will lash out at you necessarily but I promise you that many read your questions and just move on wondering what's up with this dude?

Something to think about if you plan on staying around.....of course just my humble opinion.
I have to admire commander for not being a victim of conformity, please keep in mind that he's young and new to the hobby and obviously loves it enough to use his time researching info on his fish rather than zoning out into a video game,raising hell on the streets or some nonsense of that sort

I find his posts a little over dramatic but hilarious ;)

I'm with you Wuv, he's trying to help and we're shooting him down in flames, personally it doesn't worry makes a change to being serious (something I never am as many in chat will tell u) :p Just cos someones got a different sense of humour then what the hell is really that bad???

commander you've really started something now!!! :hyper: I assume the quarentine tank has your sick goldfish in, you should keep up small daily water changes to keep his water in tiptop condition, since popeye is a condition generally cause by poor water. How's the big tank any better?

If this fails take careful aim with your bazooka clear the surrounding area and pull the trigger end of problems. :grr:

David :fish:

Commander, let me get my slingshot. Doesn't have the firepower of a bazooka, but it stings like hell and is very annoying in the least. :D

I already said I'm done argueing....but Morgan, you can't jump into the middle of something without knowing the full converstaion in other threads....Have you ever heard of Cycle?? how about reading up about prime water conditioner? Now are we done being obnoxious. Drop the thread fer fawk sakes. People just want to bicker and argue about something thats really mundane..sheesh, grow up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back