Gourami With Black Skirt Tetras?

Feather_Sword

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
In a week, my friend will be giving me her red Mickey Mouse Platy and three Black Skirt Tetras to watch over while she goes to Mexico for two weeks. The guy at Petco told me that if I plan to put the Tretras in with the Gourami, the Gourami will chase them around. Is this true? The four fish that I will be given to watch over will be in a 16 gallon tank with 13 other fish; 6 Danios, 3 Guppies, 2 Mollies, a male Swordtail, and a male Blue Gourami.

Do you mean you are moving the fish into your tank? Can you take care of them in the tank they are in?

I keep a pair of dwarf gourami with 3 black widow tetra, if one gets too close to another they will chase it, there is no bully here they both chase each other way, it's not a problem in my tank it's not something that happens often and they don't even nip when they chase each other.

Do you mean you are moving the fish into your tank? Can you take care of them in the tank they are in?

I will be moving them into my tank, as I cannot go over to her house while she is away and take care of them there.

I seriously doubt that there would be an issue. Although Gouramis can be aggressive (very rare) it will only be towards their own species (from my experience, correct me if I am wrong) I keep glowlights and neon tetras in a tank with Dwarf Gouramis and I have not had one issue.

I have to agree with SharonCC tho. If it is possible to bring the tank with them then that would probably be better as it is less stress for the fish then.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back