Gourami Picture Report: 12/17/12

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DreamertK

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Since we don't have a picture subforum, I'll just dump them here.

Sooo...it's been two months since I got my gourami! It's been some whirlwind of trying to guess their gender and oversaturate the tank with plants to keep them happy. Right now they feel the most comfortable with the plastic half floating plant circling around the top of the tank. A lot of the times I think I'm half crazy, I'll see something on one of my gourami, but a few hours later or the next day its gone. Like yesterday there was this little thing the size of a grain of salt and the color of her skin on her chin but nowhere else. I though "oh geeze an ick infestation" but today I looked again and it was gone. And finally, a week ago I looked back in the tank and discovered....my mama gourami was actually a boy. He's grown long masculine fins and is actually much bigger than the girl. When I got them they were about the same size, but he's about half an inch longer and with more muscle mass. Though on the reverse side, he can't follow her through all of the jungle I have in the tank since he's gotten so large.

*It also seems that the spots on the fins can change locations over time.*

Here's my little girl:

_DSC37540_zps6e92438f.jpg

(Two months ago)

_DSC385301_zps97e903ba.jpg

(Today)
The photo analysis says that she hasn't grown too much (2%), but her tail fin and anal fin have grown just slightly (5%). Recently I've been wondering if she looks unnaturally skinny? But she eats as much as him and doesn't seem to be doing anything strange.

And here's my little man:

_DSC37780_zpsf6464fde.jpg

(Two months ago)

_DSC389801_zpsd4f87a88.jpg

(Today)
Photo analysis shows much more growth in the entire body, as well as a 20% increase in dorsal/tail/anal fins. He's quite the little shark. When he sees her he'll slowly approach from below and then quickly lunge at her for a kiss.

_DSC38600_zps47bcfae2.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back