🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TheHoodGuy8

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 55 gallon tank with:
- Neon Tetras
- Cherry Barbs
- Pygmy Corys
- 1 Angel
I recently added a Large Golden Gourami to the tank and it's been hiding from me for the past 3 days. It seems fine when im at a distance and it can't see me, but as soon as i approch the tank it quickly swims to its hiding spot. What can I do to have it get used to me and is this normal behavior for a Gourami?

Also I was wandering if I could add 2 more Angelfish and another Gourami or 2 more Gouramis and 1 more Angelfish.

The Gourami just needs some time to settle in. When he does you will see his evil twin take over. if it was me I would have seven angelfish and five gourami's. Expect the Neons to get eaten in about six months. Maybe sooner.

The Gourami just needs some time to settle in. When he does you will see his evil twin take over. if it was me I would have seven angelfish and five gourami's. Expect the Neons to get eaten in about six months. Maybe sooner.
Will the Angels not become aggressive once they get older at that quantity?

I agree with @AtomicFish I had a bonded pair of angelfish and usually they were alright except once in awhile when they became territorial at breeding time also at feeding time they are aggressive eaters.

Golden gourami are highly aggressive. If the angels already established territory and you put in a fish as aggressive as a golden gourami it is likely being out competed by the angels. Though they aren't the most aggressive cichlids, they have a bit of spice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back