Gotta New Betta

Wow, he's lovely :)
And having 100 bettas to choose from-bliss :wub:
I wish they'd take off in the UK like they have in the US, without the horrible tiny tanks obviously!

Wow, he's lovely :)
And having 100 bettas to choose from-bliss :wub:
I wish they'd take off in the UK like they have in the US, without the horrible tiny tanks obviously!

Thanks Ellena. He is definitly a nice looking fish but he is proving to be quite a handful already. Sneaking across the divider twice and now jumping around. I've fixed everything but I still worry about what stunt he will pull next. I've named him Houdini for obvious reasons :)

It is really nice to be able to drive 5 mins to LFS and find bettas like this...I've only found one store that has these special guys and its the local Big Als, all the others have basic VT and CTs like you guys. BTW I am in Canada not the US :)

I guess the UK folk have to order the really nice ones off the internet which costs lots of $$$ for shipping, then you only get to choose from pictures and it takes so long before you actually get the fish...Have you talked to your LFS's and asked them if they can order a handful of really nice ones per shipment??

i have been looking at ideas for my tank, and a HM betta that I want, can be from £25-30 plus P&P :S

how much do you pay for your guys?

i have been looking at ideas for my tank, and a HM betta that I want, can be from £25-30 plus P&P :S

how much do you pay for your guys?

WOW thats waaaaay to much for one little fish espicailly if its being shipped from an Asian country, postage would be quite a bit more as well...you guys gotta hound your LFS to get them to bring diff tail types in for ya.

Veiltail are $2.00-5.00 (1.00-3.00 pounds)

Crowntails are $5.00-10.00 (3.00-6.00 pounds)

The only place I've been able to find Halfmoons and Super Deltas charge $25.00 so around 15.00 pounds..kind of expensive but well worth it :)

they are beautifull fellas! but as Haych said, 90% of LFS are VT, ours had a DT in but he was in a bad way - one shop didnt even know there was more that 1 type of betta!

they are beautifull fellas! but as Haych said, 90% of LFS are VT, ours had a DT in but he was in a bad way - one shop didnt even know there was more that 1 type of betta!

oh the dozey one who just shrugged and looked at me gone out when i asked is all they had was Veil tails! :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back