got me some black skirts

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'll ask the petsmart. Do tetras eat plants? My duckweed population is a lot lower than when I went to sleep lol.

Mine don't touch the plants.
Some people say some tetras will.

Perhaps theyre nabbing the duckweed out of curiosity thinking its food, if they've not seen it before and its something flat floating on top like a flake

Mine don't touch the plants.
Some people say some tetras will.

Perhaps theyre nabbing the duckweed out of curiosity thinking its food, if they've not seen it before and its something flat floating on top like a flake
Could be. I also see them eating algae off the duckweed. When I feed them flakes they really go crazy, it's cool to watch.

Could be. I also see them eating algae off the duckweed. When I feed them flakes they really go crazy, it's cool to watch.
They go into a frenzy like piranhas!

Look close once they get larger, you will see they actually have teeth

20200914_200537.jpg

It's true, they go nuts, and they try and steal my corys food lol. Those chompers! I can see them squabbling, that's normal right?
Yes normal.
First week or so in a new or rearranged setup they will bicker. It does settle down and they will just chill around until feed time.
But they may do mock chases here and there but usually don't result in violence.

So far so good. Temp. acclimated them for 40 minutes and put them in. It's so cool to watch the black skirts swim together.
I just got some black skirts too! They’re mesmerizing together! :wub:

Has anyone got a 3inch black skirt. I would have thought 1.5-2.0 inches would have been about as big as they would get in your average tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back