'good Luck' Comes In Sixes..?

Eclecticoldsod

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
fringe of Windsor Great Park
Boy did I score big-time last Saturday! I wanted a couple of new aquariums for breeding some different varieties of shrimp. I bid on one only 50 miles away in Andover (collection only). Then I found another that that was not too far away, and bid on that one too. I ended up bidding on six, hoping to win maybe just one of 'em, as I bid low and usually get outbid at the last moment.
I only won all six..!
I now have 13 foot 8 inches of new fish tanks; each with hoods, lights, 6 heaters, 9 internal filters and one external one; half-a-ton of gravel; and about £100 worth of extras – all for £91.
Of course, I'm only halfway through collecting them (about 300 miles in all) and already very tired, but very happy.
Anybody want to buy a dining room table, several book cases, and an old sofa? I need to make a bit of room around here.

It's like buses, you wait hours for one, and then six of the buggers turn up all at once..!
 
Lucky what sizes are they and what do you plan to do with them all? Decisions decisions. Great deal BTW

The largest tank is 39 inches long, and the smallest is a 14 inch Tetra. The plan is to set five of them up heavily planted, and have a different shrimp species in each. The larger one I would like to set up for marine invertebrates, but that will depend on the cost. It may be beyond my budget..! :hyper:
 
thats "sods law" but an exellent price for them all, well done :)
there never seems to be anything half decent near or within a 50 mile rad, ur lucky :)

enjoy them all
shelagh xxx
 

Most reactions

Back
Top