Reaction score
The man in the lfs has persuaded me to get a tropical tank
he has an offer on at the moment
24" tank I think he said 16 or 17 gallons
light
filter
heater
pump
and some stuff thrown in as well would you say this is worth £45.99?

and for the tank I might get
4 white cloud minnows 25p each
4 red eyed tetras 25p each
tiger barbs (didn't see the price)
and look for some nice colourful ones!

Not sure how much that equals out in American Money, but it sounds like a good deal. Is the tank a tall tank though? If so then it will limit the amount of fish you can have.

Sounds good, but remember to do either a fishless cycle or use either Danio's or Platy's to cycle the tank with.

It could be a good deal, but depends on the quality of the components. That's about 80-ish US dollars, if my off-the-hip currency conversion is not way out of whack.

Is the light incandescent? If it is, will that be acceptable for your purposes?

What kind of filter, and what size? What kind of heater (probably non-submersible)? What kind of pump (what size, and what do you intend to use it for?)? And from what manufacturers? These are all rhetorical questions. I don't expect you to get answers and post back here. :p

It all depends on what you intend to do with the tank. I'm sure that's not terribly high-end equipment with it - probably low-end or midgrade - but if you don't need the nicer stuff, then it's no big deal. I would also get the dimensions of the tank and calculate the volume to make sure the capacity is what you think it is.

Lots of nit-picky questions, I know. But anytime I'm offered a package deal, I want details. If you're not getting a good deal, you want to know it.

pendragon!

unless the tank has fluorescent light fixture,really good filtration (ie good power filter) and a stand then it's not worth it. never buy new fish equipment unless you have to!

Most reactions

Back