Good Cory Foods?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stcichlid

Reaction score
The length inside the cabinet is 770mm.

THIS IS A PHANTOM POST -- PLEASE IGNORE IT

My corys love Catfish food pellets... And they also enjoy munching on Tetra Plecowafers.

Maybe some frozen bloodworms they will sink, that is what I normally feed my lil cories.. (and the pl*co)

I've had some of my corys for eight years, I've tried a lot of different types of foods through the years.....mine seem to prefer Wardley Premium shrimp pellets and algae wafers.

Corys by nature are savengers, so they'll pretty much snack on whatever gets missed by the other fish.

Good luck! :D

cory said:
.....mine seem to prefer Wardley Premium shrimp pellets and algae wafers.

Corys by nature are savengers, so they'll pretty much snack on whatever gets missed by the other fish.
I very much agree. I feed mine Wardley brine shrimp pellets too. They will also love eating tubifex worms IF it reaches the bottom before my guppies eat it. Also, if reg fish flakes reach the bottom as well, they will gladly eat that too. All you gotta do is really soak the flakes or tubifex worms and they will sink to the cories instead of staying at the top of the water.

our peppered corys LOVE tubifex cubes & dont wait for them to sink - they spend ages swinging off the cube as it floats on top, v cute to watch :D

Corys by nature are savengers,
Totally disagree with that, they need their own food source and should not be left to clear up the left overs.
They should be fed a meaty diet, bloodworm is a good staple diet, shrimp pellets are great and good quality flake will be accepted with relish.
Algae based foods are not really that good for them and they will not thrive on such a diet.

Corys love a good, balanced diet. That means some meat some veggies and a starch.

I give mine lots of live bloodworms and tubiflex worms, some shrimp pellets, sinking granules and a spirulina disk at night when I turn the lights out.

Flake or granulated food is a staple that also provides a varitiety of vitamins that corys need.

Not sure about the Veggies bit, never seen any of mine go anywhere near them.
Their diet in the wild is virtually all animal protein, very small Crustaceans, worms, fly larvae etc.

my 1" cory eats left over Jumbomin Ciclid sticks...and so do my loaches. Algae wafers also! ^_^ he's sooo cute!

Mine eat just about anything, but I generally feed them Omega One flakes and Hikari sinking wafers.

clothahump said:
Not sure about the Veggies bit, never seen any of mine go anywhere near them.
Hi clothahump :)

For veggies, I give them spirulina disks which is a type of blue-green algae. No, mine don't eat "peoples" vegetables, but they will nibble on boiled shrimp from time to time. :D

Inchworm said:
Corys love a good, balanced diet. That means some meat some veggies and a starch.

I give mine lots of live bloodworms and tubiflex worms, some shrimp pellets, sinking granules and a spirulina disk at night when I turn the lights out.

Flake or granulated food is a staple that also provides a varitiety of vitamins that corys need.
where do u find live bloodworms?
i have frozen bloodworms and they dont sink

my corys dont seem to like shrimp pellets either. the just ignore them

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back