The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
The new look, i'm loving it!

DSC06214%2016th%20Mar%202016.jpg

All the goldies, but Cappa, are currently living in here. Yes it is overstocked, but it isnt permanent.

Cappa is in the other goldie tank being treated for an internal bacteria issue that is causing kidney failure. Unknown if he will make it sadly.

DSC06215%2016th%20Mar%202016.jpg

Is that fake grass?

Sadly Cappa lost his fight tonight :( May he swim free over the rainbow bridge :(

I will be pulling down and fully cleaning/steralising the 2.5ft that he was in for treatment, the antibiotics will have killed the bacteria in the canister anyway. Once all clean, the tank will be reset up and the convicts will move into this tank (i will move move half the media to a mature canister and take half the mature media to put into the cleaned canister.

The 3.5ft will then be cleaned and set up to become home for some of the goldies that are in the 4ft which is overstocked. (A new black moor has been added to the tank as well lol). I will be doing a fake grass base again for the 3.5ft. I am just addicted to the clean look it gives and the way the fish show their colours

That tank is truly stunning! The amount of effort put into it makes me enjoy this hobby even more! This is great. 

RyanTheFishGuy64 said:
That tank is truly stunning! The amount of effort put into it makes me enjoy this hobby even more! This is great. 
Thank you!

There is only the 5 goldies in the 4ft now. 4 goldies (1 will eventually go back into the 4ft once its grown a bit). have move into the 2.6ft

The 2.6ft has been cleaned and rescaped....The 2 black moors, Choc oranda and white oranda have moved into it, waiting for it to get dark to take a pic.

***I know in previous post i stated the goldies would be going into the 3.5ft, but i now cant move the convicts as they have teeny tiny fry....so the 2.6ft will do for now

Alasse said:

Thank you!

There is only the 5 goldies in the 4ft now. 4 goldies (1 will eventually go back into the 4ft once its grown a bit). have move into the 2.6ft

The 2.6ft has been cleaned and rescaped....The 2 black moors, Choc oranda and white oranda have moved into it, waiting for it to get dark to take a pic.

***I know in previous post i stated the goldies would be going into the 3.5ft, but i now cant move the convicts as they have teeny tiny fry....so the 2.6ft will do for now

That should be 6 goldies in the 4ft lol, hit the wrong key, dont ya hate that!

So here is the other goldie tank, the colours do not show up properly, grrrrrrrrrr, background is pink (yes i spilt some water between the tank and the plastic!) Looks awesome in real life!
DSC06876%2025th%20Mar%202016.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back