goldfish

FishFreak

Reaction score
:eek: I put a pleco in my golfish tank then read that goldfish shouldn't have algae eaters in with them. Is this true? I have 3 small golfish in there with him(or her?) and don't think he's happy.

I used to have 2 plecs in with my goldfish along with 2 weather loaches.
I have now set up a tropical tank so have left the plecs with the tropical fish but am going to get another plec for the cold fish tank.
There is no particular reason why you shouldn't have a plec with gold fish, what type of plec is it?
Good luck
Kaz

Algae Eaters and Goldfish are fine, there have been some reports of large Plecs sucking on the sides of large Goldfish but this is very rare. What species of Plec?

:dunno: I don't know what species, but he's got black spots allover and little horns on his head in front of his eyes. He's also got what appears to be small whiskers on either side of his mouth. He's 3 inches or so in lenght. I'm not sure of gender (wouldn't know how to tell) but I hope he's male since his name is RICO! My goldfish book said no to algae eaters in goldfish tanks because they suck up 02 and produce waste while the goldfish dig up the leftover food. Ever the rebel I took it as mere suggestion and plopped him on in. Next, I read here that they should absolutely NOT be in with golds! PANIC MODE. I read it on a pinned post in the beginners info section. He seems kinda mad because the wafers I got him the goldfish ate before he figured out what or where they were.

Ok, I just checked and he's eating the half one that I put in a little while ago when I decided to give it another go. YIPPEE!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back