goldfish play

BettaBoyz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
from the age of 6 to 11, i kept a pair of Oranda/Lionhead Goldies- who were, oh-so creatively, named Bubbles and Goldie. Bubbles was 3" and male, Goldie was 2" and female. they lived in a 5/10 gallon tank, filtered, with some live Val to pick at. a wild-caught Minnow and Pond Snail lived in the tank to.

i never remember them acknowledging each other, except when Bubbles was deadset on spawning and Goldie wanted none of it.

now, i've just set up a 10 gallon, filtered, with lots of silk plants covered in algae and two pieces of PVC pipe. tons of mini-Pond Snails make their home there, too. the inhabitants are Bug- a roughly 8-month-old Black Moor of about 2", and Bruiser- approximately 5-months-old and a Calico Fantail of around 2 and a quarter inches. i was afraid that Bug- having lived alone most of his life- would beat Bruiser up, or that Bruiser- having only had Calico Fantail buddies in his lifetime- would decide Bug's eyes are very tasty.

instead, they play together. Chase and Hide-and-Find and Bubble-Maker and all sorts of fun things, it so cute to watch them. they harvest algae and play in the current and bob around, it's adorable. especially since Bug is a nice solid black with a bronze tummy in the right light, and Bruiser is all splotchy with one eye that blends into him and another that is pure black (hence his name)

have you got any neat fish stories?

:lol: Sounds great, I'm glad to hear they are getting along together. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back