Goldfish Ich

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Jasykinz

Reaction score
Hi! iā€™m not quite sure if this is where iā€™d make this post, but iā€™m new so please bare with me.
I have two comet goldfish named poppy & johns ā€” iā€™ve had poppy the longest and my in laws purchased johns about a week ago, at the time i was unable to quarantine him. so decided it would probably be okay if I just let him settle in with my fish . Well poppy has broken out in ich all over her & johns is completely fine . has no ich whatsoever, isnā€™t lethargic, and is eating properly. Poppy is still eating & is still racing around the tank . iā€™ve been treating her for about 3 days now & im needing to know if i should remove poppy from the tank and put her in a hospital tank & treat her alone since Johns doesnā€™t have any signs of ich? also, the only heater i have is preset at 78 degrees fahrenheit & iā€™m not sure how to go about raising the temperature slowly since i have no way of turning the temp down . iā€™m doing 25-50% water changes everyday & using tetra ich guard on my whole tank right now . and my last question is, how long does it take for the ich to fall out of poppy & how will i be able to tell if thatā€™s happened?
i know i sound like a bad fish owner & i really try to spoil my fish as much as possible because i really do love them, even if they are like .30 cents. i would appreciate all the help i can get!!

We are here to help!

Here are a couple of articles that are written specifically for treating ich in goldfish:

Here is a little extra if those donā€™t help:

ā€œTreatment is simple enough but requires dedication. The ā€˜Heat Treatmentā€™ is probably the most common and one of the easiest treatments. Increasing the temperature of the water to 86F for 2 weeks will usually kill off the parasite. If the water is below 75F, then the temperature should be raised to 86F slowly, over a 24-48-hour period. Another method of treatment is with any medication that contains Malachite Green. Malachite Green is a chemical that contains powerful anti-fungal properties, that can easily kill parasites. Please note that Malachite Green is known to cause cancer, so you should always wash your hands after coming into contact with this chemical.ā€

(https://www.fishforums.net/threads/betta-research-paper.465208/)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back