Goldfish Dying

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tank size is fine for those fish. As they grow they will need more room but they have 12 months before that happens.
Fine ? Really ? With all this artificial stuff ? I disagree.
A young fish (a living being), is already dead so there IS something wrong, and this is gonna last for a minimum of 12 months in the ""best"" case scenario...
Memo : Goldfish can live up to 30 years old if cared properly so a Goldfish that dies this young is abnormal whatever the species.

We don't know why the goldfish died. It could have been a genetic weakness or a disease it had before the OP got it.

Perhaps.... while knowing thet one of the primary reasons behind these deaths is neglect by the owner themselves.

Thank you Rhys, I looked up how do I tell if my goldfish has swim bladder disease and everything except the gasping for air fit. Anyone have any idea how to treat it and why she would be heaving for breath?
I'm sorry but I don't know of any treatment you could try looking up disease treatment. there's a video on it though:

EDIT: I just saw the message your fish died I am soo sorry.

even though their fish to me they seem like family, it's hard not to get upset over it if you've had them for a long time.

The best (should I say "only") way to spare your fish from a swim bladder disorder is that it is not stressed out by bad living conditions, such as a tank too small to escape dominant/dominated chases and no hiding place to rest.

Please. I physically cannot get a different tank, so this is what they have. I am NOT mistreating/neglecting my fish in any other way then them being in slightly too small a tank. I am unwatching this thread. Thank you all for your tips and advice.

Please. I physically cannot get a different tank, so this is what they have. I am NOT mistreating/neglecting my fish in any other way then them being in slightly too small a tank. I am unwatching this thread. Thank you all for your tips and advice.
You could consider, for the welfare of your fish, moving them back into the trough. ;)

There are two possibilities :
- build up the trough (if winter temperatures permit).
- give them to someone who has a garden pond (check it first).

I am closing thread as OP is no longer interested in any more advice and is no longer watching this thread.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back