Goldfish Dying, Tried Medicine, Wont Work!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

There is no need for you to be using a heater in any of your aquariums that contain goldfish.

i thought that was part of the filter in those pictures but now that you say!!!! OP do you actually have a filter, i cant see one?

It goes without saying that the OP needs to get an internal filter if she does not currently have one. The fish will most certainly die if this is not done.

There is no need for you to be using a heater in any of your aquariums that contain goldfish.

i thought that was part of the filter in those pictures but now that you say!!!! OP do you actually have a filter, i cant see one?

It goes without saying that the OP needs to get an internal filter if she does not currently have one. The fish will most certainly die if this is not done.

hi, I actually do have the filter, is just at the right of the heater, it cant bee seen from the angle I took the picture, but I do have one in the 20 gal tank :p, is the
small tube that shows at the right of the heater. On the 5 gal tank I algo have a small filter, but I just put my goldfish there while cleaning the other tank, so that´s why it doesn´t show up in the smaller tank. But I do have a filter on the bigger tank.

And I had to use the heater cause it was really cold, it didnt even showed the temperature and by checking with another thermometer it showed a 55 F, so I had to turn the heater on, I know that goldfish don´t need heater cause they prefer kinda cold water. Sorry if it seemed I dont have a filter. Ok, so I had to move my goldfish to the smaller tank in order to frequently change water on the bigger. Still have ammonia burns but keeps moving.

if i was him id be hiding due to that ghastly gravel and decor, but thats just me.
Try using less bright and vivid surroundings, he could feel threatened on his own

Yeah i know xD but buying his 20 gal tank, medicine, gravel left me with no money, so Iam currently earning money to buy him some plants or other stuff, thanks for the suggestion though! (He´s been having the same bright gravel for his entire life, so I dont think that could fright him anymore) but really apreciate every commentary or suggestion to help me with my goldfish.

Cold water fish don't need heaters and he probably hates it

Change your water with fresh declorinated water to keep the ammonia as close to 0 as possible. It is better for him to be in clean water than to be swimming in 3ppm of ammonia. He's probably not liking the nitrite either and that needs to be zero

Test water every day and change accordingly, if you have 3ppm and only change 50 percent then you will still have 1.5ppm of ammonia which is no good. You would be having to do 95 percent. Daily. You have a 20 gallon tank so it shouldn't be hardly any work.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back