Goldfish Bowl > 15 Gallon Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MAX5

Reaction score
Ive got a 15 gallon tank with filter which is currently establishing

My goldfish as lived 6 months in a crap bowl which has always been cruel i think - so im moving him into the tank - he will still be on his own but with room to move

will he be okay to just swap over?

any major tips advice?

cheers

Well 15gallons is not really enough for one goldie. But better than a bowl.

Not good with tips, i just had a crisis in my tank not long ago. :X

Sounds good that he is moving up in the world :)

Add him to the new tank just like you would adding a new fish to a new tank.
Slowly get him used to the new water chemistry and temperature etc to be kind to him.

May i ask what kind of goldfish you have?

no idea what kind he is - perhaps someone can tell me - here is a pic

yob_fish.jpg

as you can see his bowl is pretty pants! :X

Looks like a comet to me and they need 15 gallons at that size and in a years time 20 gallons minimum.

cool, well he is going into the new tank this evening, cant wait to see him with room to move about in

Hi MAX5 :)

He's a beauty and I'm sure he'll love his new tank! :thumbs:

It's going to be so much easier for you to keep him healthy in it than in that bowl too, What do you plan to keep in the bowl now? :unsure:

the bowl will probably be used for water changes etc - no fish going to live in there!

Hi MAX5 :)

How big is it? It looks like about a gallon? :unsure: If you could cover the top with plastic or something, it would make a perfect home for a pair of African Dwarf Frogs. :D

hes in now and appears to be enjoying the new found space!!!

looks like he'll have to get used to currents tho - hes got a filter now!

chuffed hes in there now and out of the hellbowl

would take pics but the backdrop of the tank is page 3 girls lol

The bowl you had for your goldfish would be great for a betta.

No it wouldnt sadly. Betta's really need at least 2.5 gallons in order to be happy.
Sure a betta would survive in there just like the goldfish did, but it is far from 'good'.

Im glad the goldie is settling in nice, im sure none of us will take notice of the backdrop :shifty:

If you can find a suitable lid to the 1 gallon, it would make a great home for a ADF (as someone has said), or a few shrimp, such as ghost shrimp!

no a betta wouldnt be happy in that bowl but i completely agree with inchworm that a pair of african dwarf frogs would be great for that bowl i have one and they are great lil characters they are fascinating and are very amusing :hyper: just put a net or something over thetop of the bowl and your set for african dwarf frogs trust me you wouldnt regret it

Hey, hope he likes the new home :) :thumbs: :blink:

I have a nice normal goldfish in my 30g and he seems happy. Very amusing trying to watch him float from one end to the other as the filters creata a current mewha :D

Dont know what tankmate(s) i can put in and he looks so lonely! :( :/

*sighs*

Hope your fishy has a nice life in the new tank

Go on put on a pic, we're all responsible adults round here! I wana see ur tank to compare sizes :drool: lol

Enthusiast

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back