Golden Wonder Panchax In Community?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kyleb2003

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Right, not kept killifish before hence this thread. My LFS have some Golden Wonder Panchax that are quite stunning and I'm wondering if it would be suitable to put a solo male in my set up:

1 apisto cacatuoides, shoal of adult neons, 6 golden pencilfish, some armano shrimp and a clown plec.
Temp is 26C, fairly amazonian set up (planted + lots of wood) so slightly acidic and all other parameters pretty solid.

If not, are there any other colourful (aren't they all though?) killifish that would be suitable and may be available to me?

Thanks for your info

I would say 1 would be fine in that tank.

Dont be tempted to buy more than 1 of the colourful males. They will squabble and bully each other....possibly to death.

Yeah agreed, the males look lovely but would be just 1 for me, thanks for the reply.

I would say 1 would be fine in that tank.

Dont be tempted to buy more than 1 of the colourful males. They will squabble and bully each other....possibly to death.

i put 3 males in last night, both the blokes in my local MA said it should be fine as long as there are no females. i believe its the nearest MA to where you live zoodyzod.

well only time will tell

oh dear.

I put three in mine. The weakest got slowly bullied to death and I rehomed the 2nd one as all he did was hide from the large dominant male, and chased whenever the dominant one spotted him.

Keep a very close eye on them over the next couple of weeks. If you see them darting about after each other, this is not 'playing', it's out and out bullying and you'll need to rehome to prevent death.

Ascot or Staines?

Got mine from Ascot, bloke didn't flinch when I asked for them.

Ascot MA is where I saw them, tend not to ask any questions in there I'd rather come here first...

Ascot MA is where I saw them, tend not to ask any questions in there I'd rather come here first...

I do to. The killies were a bit of an impulse buy, sadly.

Have had good advice from there in the past though.

Have been using them for years I just prefer the Woking store as they seem to give advice that's repeated elsewhere. Out of interest, what's the Staines store like?

it may be different in my tank as i have floating plants.

last night and this morning they were all hovering together.

i went to the ascot one at windlesham garden centre.

the bloke in there reminds me of lee evans in there is somethign about mary, nutter lol

Have been using them for years I just prefer the Woking store as they seem to give advice that's repeated elsewhere. Out of interest, what's the Staines store like?

Not sure I've been to the Woking one......hmmm, a weekend trip beckons!

Staines is quite small. Handy if local but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there.

Bracknell is worth the visit and my favourite LFS. They seem to stock more unusual fish and have a great selection of dwarf cichlids.

i pop in the wokign one most lunchtimes and on my way home from work, know them all by name lol

it may be different in my tank as i have floating plants.

last night and this morning they were all hovering together.

i went to the ascot one at windlesham garden centre.

the bloke in there reminds me of lee evans in there is somethign about mary, nutter lol

sadly I've got plenty of floating plants. In the beginning mine all hung out together too I'm afraid.

Do you mean the guy with the greased back hair who wears shorts?

Woking I find usually pretty good for plants but not as good for unusual fish. Will give Bracknell a look again I haven't been there for a couple of years (if the A322 is back open anyway!)

ha ha, you mean the old guy.

no i mean the one that wears jeans and tucks his jumper in them lol

was showing me his certificates and everything

i like brackenll but its a bit of a drive for me from farnborough.

i use lynchford aquatics for dry goods and wokign or ascot for fish

[/quote]

Do you mean the guy with the greased back hair who wears shorts?
[/quote]

you mean steven segal lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back