golden mystery snail and kids

guppler

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i thought i might get more people interested here than just adding to my old topic that i started when i found the first batch of eggs on the lid.
The newest bunch looks pinker than the others so far. it's just below the lid in a back corner and about the size of the first and third clutches. The second clutch (smaller) apparently never hatched. The first brood is growing up in my comunity/boy guppy tank. They are catching up and passing my adult pond snails in size already. Some are very clear or pale. Most are tinted yellow, but all are still pretty transparent, although I can see the tiny orange stars on their little bodies. The second brood to actually hatch just joined them on Saturday. I decided to count them as i dropped them into their new home, just out of curiosity. The number of baby snails i found in the breeding box after they had stopped falling from that particular egg mass was 257.
I suspect the goldfish ate at least half of the first brood, because i think I estimated about half that many when I tried to count them, but I didn't expect that to be a very acurate count, because i didn't move them as i counted them.
I was thinking I might just let the fish eat them next time, but maybe i'll at least catch some. I haven't asked local stores yet if they will buy any from me. One place said they'd buy guppies, but pay better if I don't bring more than 10 at a time. Maybe i'll ask my doctor if he wants to trade some for some of his long pointy snails.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back