Going price for clown loaches

How much on average to clown loaches cost in your area?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1

• Total voters

LoachLover

Snails Beware
Reaction score
Cost about $7 around here and cost about $10 where I used to live.

I've never seen them for sale priced in Dollars :p
The price around here depends on the size of the fish, but on average a small loach costs around £3.

Small loaches around £2-£3, large £5-£6, in dollars you could almost double it the way your economy is at the mo :D

Jon

About £5 here, couldnt think why anyone would want to pay more for a bigger one;

Its older, so it wont last as long

With a younger one you feel like you are raising it yourself.

Matchu said:
About £5 here, couldnt think why anyone would want to pay more for a bigger one;

Its older, so it wont last as long

With a younger one you feel like you are raising it yourself.
clowns are more delicate and sensitive to water conditions etc when they are younger :nod: .

If you buy them young there is a chance they may not survive, whilst if you get them when they are a little older and larger they have passed their more sensitive stage and they are more likely to survive.

Don't forget clowns can live for 10 years + so buying them at a few inches long still means you have a good 8 years to nurture them :D .

steve

when i went to get a clown loch from pets at home the young loachs were £7
so i didnt get 1 i only took a fiver with me.

Ha, well I just paid $15 for one about 3 inches long.

Paid £10 total for my three :D . Each one is about 3" long.

Mind you...I did spend over £80 on a variety of other fish that day so I guess the LFS guy was happy to let me off with a couple of quid :/ .

steve

around my area all the clown loaches are about a tenner EACH. the cheapest ive seen was £7.99 each and that was an offer/promo kinda thing. i feel cheated!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back