Glass Catfish

im not bitching im giving reasonable advice.

but im saying no more on the issue, just think the OP needs to be aware that over stocking can cause loads of problems, bad water quality, disease sometimes, ammonia spikes, nitrite spikes
 
Tom I do think it sounds overstocked and I am usually the first to say add more fish wahey but I have a 60 litre and can't imagine happily fitting all those fish, sorry pee on your flames and all that. I think the 6 cats and 6 cories would be good. Danios really need a lot more space than 60 litre. You could have the 2 dwarf gouramis if you swerve the tetras/danios I reckon.
 
Please don't add Glass Catfish to a 60 litre tank.

They grow up to around 6", and like to be in groups, so ideally at least 6 fish. That would be 36" of fish, plus the others............

As i said, not a good idea.
 
is it a tetra aqua art60 i have the same one if so lol i think mine is a little overstocked by acouple of inched but im setting up a 110litre
 
Was going to say I have a 64 litre and ive got

4 Corys (3 bronze 1 albino)
5 Diamond neons
1 Bolivian ram and 3 tiny cherry shrimp

and I was under the impression Im now at max

Also 2 tetras? shouldn't they be in groups of 5-8? or is that just ideally?
 
Pl

They grow up to around 6",


dependant on species, the most commonly sold species only grow to four inches, and they are not a strain on the bio load

Agreed, but these fish are often mis-labelled in the LFS. Unless you are clued up enough to actually know which variety you are buying, it's probably best to assume they will grow to around 6", until you can establish otherwise.

Even if you do buy Kryptopterus Minor (the common one), at around 4" and really needing to be in a group of 6+, thats 24" of fish in a 16 US gallon / 13 UK gallon tank. Some would say that is already overstocked.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top