Gigglin' Jello

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Danno

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Aright, before the general chat section of this forum was...purged, I made a jello thread to discuss:
  • Where gelatin comes from, and will you still eat it?
    What is your favorite flavor?
    How do you make it?
    What recipes do you have for it?
I absolutely adore Jello. I don't know if you European guys and gals have it but it is basically flavored gelatin water.

Well I’ll start my entry then.

Gelatin comes from boiled bones that are left over from slaughter. Personally it doesn't faze me. They also make some gelatins from the prickly-pear cactus, might I say that it is VERY tasty, and they also make a gelatin from some seaweed.

My favorite flavor is peach. It is the least artificial flavor of the bunch, but to me...they all taste good.

I tend to make it whipped. You take the jello when it is half set and you blend it with air. It makes it all fluffy and light. When I was a kid and was sick this was my food of choice. You can make it with pedialite too.

My favorite recipe is when you take one layer of strawberry jello and let it set firmly. Poor one can of mandarin oranges on top. Take the wiped peach flavor from what I said before and poor it on top. It is like a jello cake. Quite tasty.

My favorite flavor is strawberry/banana.

I like to use plain yogurt in the place of the cold water. You really have to stir it in the hot water to get it to dissolve, but it intensifies the jello flavor, and makes it creamy instead of jiggly.

I also like that dessert that has a layers of pretzel crust, cream cheese, and strawberry jellow with crused strawberries topped with whipped cream. Yummy!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back