Ghost Shrimps

I've just tried to do a head count... finding theis little blighters is tough.

Out of the 13 we put in - I got to 10.
and, in the 4ft tank they were in about a 6in square section :rolleyes:

Discomafia said:
Are they the same thing? Ghost shrimp and feeder shrimp I mean...
I can go to one LFS and buy ghost shrimp at £1.25 each OR go to another and buy a bag of 25 river shrimp for food for exactly the same price (£1.25 for the BAG). Its a crazy situation (and all I need is cigarettes and alcahol... sorry Thats Oasis lyrics) just seems odd to me.

Jon

OK, new question.

Are ghost, feeder and river shrimp all the same?

well...

Just thought I'd give an update on the shrimp.

well.. the question is really what shrimp?

I found 1 yesturday after a week of not finding any.

It looks like they were lunch after all :(

The barbs went the day we added them so its not been them eating them. It must have been the clowns.

The odd thing is that we havent seen any bodies.
:dunno:

I had a tank with thirty river shrimp and 11 apple snails, after three weeks I had a tank with just 11 apple snails :S , no dead shrimp, just gone, the snails ate them as they died (these were feeders at £1.25 for a bag of thirty, so I guess they did there job :D )

Jon

mine were a bit more than that :/ (more than that each!)

Found one today - it boldly walked out and said hi.

I got another bag today and shared them out, three in my sons dwarf puffer tank five in my south american puffer tank, four in my daugters honey gourami tank and the rest in my comunity tank. Bet I can find four in a weeks time :D

Jon

My 3 amanos like to hang out on the bogwood. I catch them eating alge occasionally, but most of the time they're lazy little creatures.

As for the shedding, when my shrimp did it the first time, I panicked until I saw all three peeking at me from behind the wood, so I just took the old shell out of the tank.

the best algae eater I know of is the farlow (twig) catfish. I have one in my 55g
the inside of tank (glass) is spotless, plus keeps all my broad leaf plants clean as
well. they are supposed to be hard to keep alive (need constant good water quality)
but my tank is so clean, the only algae they seem not to eat is hair algae.
my twig fish was only 2 inches when i bought him now it is 6 "(in about 16 months) so
they might out grow smaller tanks.

the best algae eater I know of is the farlow (twig) catfish. I have one in my 55g
the inside of tank (glass) is spotless, plus keeps all my broad leaf plants clean as
well. they are supposed to be hard to keep alive (need constant good water quality)
but my tank is so clean, the only algae they seem not to eat is hair algae.
my twig fish was only 2 inches when i bought him now it is 6 "(in about 16 months) so
they might out grow smaller tanks.

right then folks... I havent seen any shrimp in the tank for about 4 weeks not - not one - not even a feeler...

Until tonight when randomly 5 decided to pop out and say hi :cool:

I think i counted 6 at one point but they were all moving about in the plants :D

We put some more Amazon swords in over the weekend - they seem to have come out to have a look :)

Crystal said:
As for the shedding, when my shrimp did it the first time, I panicked until I saw all three peeking at me from behind the wood, so I just took the old shell out of the tank.
I read that you should leave the skins in. The shrimp will eventually eat it and it helps to strengthen the new skin.

random update...

They are gettin big now :)
and as they are getting bigger - they are getting bolder :)
they comeout all the time now and lastnight we counted 9 at the same time.

It looks like colwns are shrimp safe after all :) :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back