Ghost Knife Hiding Questions

tennis4you

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
USA - Ohio
My black ghost knife fish is almost 12" long these days. I have friends over and they always want to see ghosty but he is always hiding in his hollow log during the day.

At the fish store they always have see thru plastic tubes that they hide in.

If I could find a big enough see thru plastic tube for my tank, would he/she be just as happy in that as the log that ghosty resides in now? Would it even know the difference?

Thanks!
 
Well you can always try it, chances are however, that if hes picked his 'home' he will continue to use the log LOL.
 
Well you can always try it, chances are however, that if hes picked his 'home' he will continue to use the log LOL.

Well, I would swap it out for the log. I put a huge castle inside the tank once and he moved into that the same day. I doubt he is too attached to the log. My main question is will he can it is more light inside of it since it is transparent.

Thanks!
 
Well as they are blind I never could work out how they can tell if its light or not! As far as he will be concerned he is covered (just make sure the tube you get is long/wide enough for him as he grows) If you remove his current home, then probably he will use it. I was going to buy a tube for mine (before I went out to get him), but he isnt too shy and is quite happy to show himself now and again and swim between the coconut caves and plants.
 
Yeah, he made leaps and bounds in his growth when I moved him to the 125 gallon tank. I wonder if he needs a bigger tube to help him grow some more? I have no clue if it helps.

Either way, I think I will try it. And yeah, I planned on getting a tube about 1 1/2 times the size of the log he has now.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top